Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Lucky McKee's The Woman

Coming in May...

Almost a decade after Lucky McKee burst upon the indie horror scene and became a 'Master of Horror' in the making thanks to his directorial debut May, he teamed up with legendary cult author Jack Ketchum for his most shocking and brutal film to date: The Woman, an instant cause célí¨bre on its Sundance premiere.

The Woman (Pollyanna McIntosh, The Walking Dead) is the last surviving member of a deadly clan of feral cannibals that has roamed the American wilderness for decades. When successful country lawyer Chris Cleek (Sean Bridgers, Room) stumbles upon her whilst hunting in the woods, he decides to capture and “civilize” her with the help of his seemingly perfect all-American family, including his wife Belle (Angela Bettis, May) and daughter Peggy (Lauren Ashley Carter, Darling). The Cleeks will soon learn, however, that hell hath no fury like The Woman scorned…

Experience McKee and Ketchum's uncompromisingly twisted vision of the dark side of the American family in a definitive new edition, including a 4K remaster and brand new bonus features.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

- New 4K restoration supervised and approved by Lucky McKee
    - High Definition Blu-rayâ„¢ (1080p) presentation
    - Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround
    - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    - New commentary with director Lucky McKee, editor Zach Passero, sound designer Andrew Smetek and composer Sean Spillane
    - New commentary by star Pollyanna McIntosh
    - New commentary by critic Scott Weinberg
    - Archive commentary with director Lucky McKee
    - Dad on the Wall, a brand new 75-minute fly-on-the-wall behind-the-scenes documentary filmed by the director's father Mike McKee
    - Being Peggy Cleek, a newly filmed interview with star Lauren Ashley Carter
    - Malam Domesticam, an archive making-of featurette
    - Meet The Makers, a short featurette on the making of the film
    - Deleted Scenes
    - Mi Burro, a short film by editor Zach Passero
    - “Distracted” music video by Sean Spillane
    - Frightfest Total Film Panel Discussion, a 2011 onstage chat about the future of American indie horror at the popular horror film festival, featuring Lucky McKee, Andrew van den Houten, Larry Fessenden, Adam Green, Joe Lynch and Ti West
    - Theatrical trailers
    - Image galleries
    - Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Vanessa McKee

Click image for larger version

Name:	woman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	370139
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Has this guy made anything good since May?
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      Yes.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        Good question. i'd totally forgotten Lucky but loved May back in the day. Just checking his imdb, there's a few titles there I don't know. What's worth checking out?

As for the woman, I hated it. It was huge though in young, artsy, female circles so back in the day I heard it raved about and celebrated a lot. I saw at least two short films made by people that I know that were shameless rip offs of it.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          Good question. i'd totally forgotten Lucky but loved May back in the day. Just checking his imdb, there's a few titles there I don't know. What's worth checking out?
          The Woods
          Red
          The Lost (producer only)
          All Cheerleaders Die (co-director)

I just watched a film of his on Netflix called BLOOD MONEY - it's pretty generic, but I didn't mind it. It's not particularly distinguished.

For the record, I liked THE WOMAN as well, so you may not like any of his other films.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Red sounds promising. I did see The Woods but don't really recall a thing about it which I guess means I was indifferent to it.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

How toned down is this from the book? It almost seems a fool's errand to even try making a movie of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                Red sounds promising.
                I really loved this movie.
                VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                  How toned down is this from the book? It almost seems a fool's errand to even try making a movie of it.
                  The movie came first. Dallas and Lucky collaborated on the screenplay and it was only after the movie came out that they also turned it into a novel.

Comment

VHS collector geeks take note!

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32...hs-this-month/
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      All Cheerleaders Die (co-director)
                      Just watched this last week (it's on Amazon Prime Video for free) based on the recommendation. It's a lot of fun, and the ending begs for a sequel (obviously).
                      VHS will never die!

Comment

Watched this a few days ago. Super creepy and super well-acted. The only thing I disliked about it was the music. It was way too loud and distracting. Seemed to be too much at the forefront of what was going on and really took away from the movie. So the writer of the book was the same guy who wrote The Girl Next Door which is one of the few movies to really mess with me. This wasn't on par with that, but still, uncomfortable and effective.
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I've got the old reg. 1 dvd of THE WOMAN collecting dust on the shelf which is completely daft as I liked his MAY and SICK GIRL. :cuckoo:
                          2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

You should check it out.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                              You should check it out.
                              Nod. I will. I did like THE GIRL NEXT DOOR. xD
                              2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
                              X