Christmas Horror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet Christopher Reeve disapproved.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

She was really gorgeous. Great smile.

Agreed about SISTERS, agent999. She was also excellent in THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I watched CHRISTMAS EVIL last night, I'm really fond of this one. The ending is so goofy, yet touching at the same time. Love the Frankenstein-inspired scene where the townsfolk chase Santa. Trying to work up the nerve (or drink enough) to sit through TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT again.

Comment

I am going to watch Rare Exports tonight. I love that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
            I am going to watch Rare Exports tonight. I love that movie.
            I need to rewatch that. I feel like I wasn't fully focused on it when I watched it the first time so I didn't get that into it.
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
              I need to rewatch that. I feel like I wasn't fully focused on it when I watched it the first time so I didn't get that into it.
              It is in my top 3 horror-comedies, just a brilliant movie.

Comment

There's a documentary on Christmas horror is coming out in 2023.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...cinema-poster/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  There's a documentary on Christmas horror is coming out in 2023.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...cinema-poster/
                  That sounds promising. I'm kind of surprised no one has done it already. There's definitely a wealth of material to cover.

Comment

Santa's On His Way

Lock and Load, if you must

Comment

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals! There was a mention of a British movie called Mother Krampus earlier but I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned Krampus (2015). I'm don't know if I'd ever come across the Krampus story before watching. I quite liked it as a sub-Dante style of Xmas horror.
                      Last edited by Dom D; 12-24-2021, 09:04 PM.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                        Merry Christmas ya filthy animals! There was a mention of a British movie called Mother Krampus earlier but I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned Krampus (2015). I'm don't know if I'd ever come across the Krampus story before watching. I quite liked it as a sub-Dante style of Xmas horror.
                        I saw it in the theater back then...but I'll be damned if I can remember anything about it now. I do recall sort of liking it but not falling hard. There were a bunch of cheap straight-to-disc knockoffs on the shelves around that time. I had never heard of the Krampus legend either before the film.

Comment

GREMLINS, it's rare that a X-mas goes by without my throwing this on. And i do need to catch up with RARE EXPORTS one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
                            GREMLINS, it's rare that a X-mas goes by without my throwing this on. And i do need to catch up with RARE EXPORTS one of these days.
                            They'd be a great Xmas double-bill together!

Comment

For True Xmas Horror, Thank You Jeff Joseph/SabuCat For Restoring This Christmas Fever Dream

It was shown on TCM a couple of weeks ago
                              George Barry
                              Last edited by George Barry; 12-28-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                                I saw it in the theater back then...but I'll be damned if I can remember anything about it now. I do recall sort of liking it but not falling hard. There were a bunch of cheap straight-to-disc knockoffs on the shelves around that time. I had never heard of the Krampus legend either before the film.
                                I think the first time I had ever heard of the Krampus legend was in the Peter Ustinov-narrated THE SEARCH FOR SANTA CLAUS (1981). That said, I had not seen the 2015 Hollywood offering in a few years and didn't have it in my collection. It was listed on Amazon for $5, so I picked it up. I enjoyed it well enough, yet I still had problems with the grim conclusion. It wasn't a bad ending, I just didn't think it possessed the right tone for this particular film. I know it would have been a totally different outcome, but I was fully expecting an equally bizarrely-depicted St. Nicholas to arrive and defeat his arch-nemesis. That would have been perfect, for me anyway.
                                VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
                                X