Scream Factory Releasing My Bloody Valentine Collector's Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scream Factory Releasing My Bloody Valentine Collector's Edition

We knew it was coming, now we've got some preliminary details.

***MY BLOODY VALENTINE Update***

Harry Warden is back! Our hearts are pumping with excitement as we can finally present a new update on our upcoming Blu-ray release of the 1981 original classic slasher. Read on for all the details:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is February 4th.

• This is being presented as a 2-Disc Collector's Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Joel Robinson This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original (and iconic) theatrical artwork.

• New extras and specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date (Dec before the holidays or early Jan) but we can confirm today that we are doing a new transfer of the theatrical and unrated cut of the film!

-------------

We are taking pre-orders now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7293 for a Website Exclusive Deluxe Offer that includes:

• The Collector's Edition Blu-ray

•An 18” x 24” rolled poster of the new Joel Robinson Art

• SITE ONLY OFFER: An alternate slipcover and an 18” x 24” rolled poster that showcases a newly-commissioned illustration from artist Laz Marquez

The site offer is limited to 2,000 units. Once they are sold out we then list the Collector's Edition Blu-ray solo. Other retailers will carry the Blu-ray pre-order links soon in the next couple of months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EItzFsSU8AAZom1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	370016

Name:	EItzFsYUwAAxNHE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	370017
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well, at least the artist's parents are proud of them.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
      Well, at least the artist's parents are proud of them.
      How do we know that for a fact?

Comment

New transfer of the unrated cut is all I really care about, though new extras are always welcome. I'm indifferent to the art.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I always prefer the original art. Great news about this though, one of my favorite slashers. That mine setting is so unique and creepy.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I have never understood why these studios feel the need to use "newly-commissioned artwork" for their slipcovers and cover art. Most of us want these classic films to be meticulously restored so they look exactly like they did when they were initially released so I would think they would realize that most of us want them with original artwork as well. Don't get me wrong, this is a must-buy for me and I would never decide whether to purchase a movie or not based on the artwork. Plus the reverse side is the original artwork.

That said, this is one of my all time favourite films. I have the DVD and Blu-ray of the previous release and while I'm glad the deleted footage was included it was in really bad shape. I can hardly wait to see the unrated cut of the film fully restored.

Anthony

Comment

I highly agree with everything said in the last 3 posts!

Comment

Full press release!

SCREAM FACTORY PRESENTS MY BLOODY VALENTINE [COLLECTOR'S EDITION] ON BLU-RAYâ„¢ FEBRUARY 11, 2020

On February 11 Scream Factory will release the much anticipated My Bloody Valentine [Collector's Edition]. Stacked with new bonus features including a new 4K scan and interviews with cast and crew, this is a collector's must-have.

Customers ordering directly from ShoutFactory.com will receive a limited edition deluxe offer that includes an exclusive 18" X 24" rolled poster featuring brand new artwork, a second exclusive 18" x 24" rolled poster featuring alternative new artwork, and an exclusive slipcover featuring alternative new artwork. (Only 2,000 will be made available.)

On Valentine's Day, someone always loses their heart. Twenty years ago, this small town lost more than that. When supervisors abandoned their posts to attend the town's annual holiday dance, a tragedy claimed the lives of five miners. The sole survivor, Harry Warden, was institutionalized, but returned for a vengeful massacre on the disaster's first anniversary.

Nineteen years later, the town is gearing up for another Valentine's Day party. Teen sweethearts T.J. and Sarah, along with their friend Axel, are among the excited partygoers. But when a box of candy containing an eerie warning and blood-soaked heart arrive, the townsfolk realize that romance is as good as dead. And so are they ...

DISC 1 - Theatrical Version:
                · NEW 4K scan of the original camera negative
                · NEW An Anemic Valentine - an interview with director George Mihalka
                · NEW From the Heart - an interview with actor Paul Kelman
                · NEW Friends of Mine - an interview with actress Lori Hallier
                · NEW Axel, Be My Valentine - an interview with actor Neil Affleck
                · NEW Becoming Sylvia - an interview with actress Helene Udy
                · NEW The Secret Keeper - an interview with actor Rob Stein
                · NEW Broken Hearts and Broken Bones - an interview with special makeup effects designer Tom Burman
                · NEW Holes in the Heart - a look at the difference between the theatrical version and the uncut version
                · Theatrical Trailer
                · TV Spots
                · Radio Spots
                · Still Gallery

DISC 2 - Uncut Version:
                · NEW 4K scan of the uncut original camera negative
                · NEW Audio Commentary with director George Mihalka
                · MY BLOODY VALENTINE 35th Anniversary Cast Reunion panel at the Bay of Blood Convention in Florida featuring director George Mihalka, cast members Lori Hallier, Helene Udy, Rob Stein, Peter Cowper, Thomas Kovacs, Jim Murchison, Alf Humphreys and hosted by Brian Singleton
                · Thomas Kovacs performs “The Ballad of Harry Warden” at the Bay of Blood Convention with Peter Cowper and Jim Murchison
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I kind of prefer the rough look of the uncut footage. It gives the movie a nastier quality.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The remastered footage looks pretty damned impressive to me. Eye popping in fact.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                        The remastered footage looks pretty damned impressive to me. Eye popping in fact.
                        haha I see what you did there!

Comment

Scream is reissuing this in a steelbook with a figure.

https://dailydead.com/scream-factory...d-neca-figure/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Scream is reissuing this in a steelbook with a figure.

https://dailydead.com/scream-factory...d-neca-figure/
                            FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

You can pre-order a new novelization of the movie now if you want.

https://www.stopthekiller.com/shop/M...vel-p484002583

With a foreword written by George Mihalka, director of MY BLOODY VALENTINE, and written by Armando Muñoz, this novel is the ultimate companion experience for fans of the 1981 film! The novel includes scenes cut from the movie, expanded character arcs, and many other satisfying treats for MY BLOODY VALENTINE fans.

Pre-ordering NOW comes with exclusives!!

- Hardcover book with Dust Jacket

- Foreword by George Mihalka

- An extra chapter ONLY in this first printing

- First printing edition autographed by George Mihalka and Armando Muñoz (Wet ink autographs via bookplates)

- Limited Edition Cover art by artist Gary Pullin (www.garypullin.com)

Name:	nbc.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	399407
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X