Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawn of the Dead (and zombies in general: just for fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final specs are going to be announced on Tuesday, but Second Sight has said that the price will be £69.99 for the Blu-ray set and £79.99 for the 4K UHD set

Comment

Pre-order pages are up for those in the UK.

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...h-october-2020

Director: George A Romero
      Starring: Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross, David Emge

'When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.'

With the U.S. in the grip of a zombie apocalypse, four desperate survivors find refuge in a shopping mall. But the flesh-eating hordes, still possessed by an instinctive desire to consume, are drawn to the same destination. What follows is a nail-biting fight for survival.

George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead remains one of the greatest horror films ever made, often imitated but never equalled, and is now presented in a brand new restoration.

Special Features

UHD DISC 1: THE THEATRICAL CUT

New 4K scan and restoration of the Original Camera Negative by Second Sight at Final Frame New York and London supervised and approved by DoP Michael Gornick
      Presented in HDR10+
      Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono - New restoration of the original OCN Optical / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
      Commentary by George A Romero, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest
      NEW commentary by Travis Crawford
      New optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired

UHD DISC 2 - THE EXTENDED ('CANNES') CUT

Produced using 4k scan of the Theatrical Cut Original Camera Negative and 4K scan of the Extended Cut Colour Reversal Internegative
      DTS-HD Master Audio 1.0 Mono
      Presented in HDR10+
      Commentary by Richard P Rubinstein

UHD DISC 3 - THE ARGENTO CUT

4K scan of the Interpositive by Michele De Angelis at Backlight Digital, Rome
      Audio: DT-HD Master Audio Mono 1.0 / Surround 5.1 / Stereo 2.0
      Commentary by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross, David Emge

BLU-RAY DISC 4: SPECIAL FEATURES

NEW Zombies and Bikers: with John Amplas, Roy Frumkes, Tom Savini, Christine Forrest, Tom Dubensky, Tony Buba, Taso Stavrakis and a whole host of zombies and bikers! (59 mins)
      NEW Memories of Monroeville: a tour of the mall with Michael Gornick, Tom Savini, Tom Dubensky and Taso Stavrakis (34 mins)
      NEW Raising the Dead: The Production Logistics: with Michael Gornick, Christine Forrest, John Amplas, Tom Dubensky (23 mins)
      NEW The FX of Dawn with Tom Savini (13 mins)
      NEW Dummies! Dummies!: An interview with Richard France (12 mins)
      NEW The Lost Romero Dawn Interview: previously unreleased archive interview (20 mins)
      Super 8 Mall Footage by zombie extra Ralph Langer with option of archive commentary by Robert Langer and new commentary by Ralph Langer (13 mins)
      Document of the Dead: The Original Cut with optional commentary by Roy Frumkes (66 mins)
      Document of the Dead: The Definitive Cut (100 mins)
      The Dead Will Walk 2014 Documentary (80 mins)
      Trailers, TV and Radio Spots (TBC)
      Limited Edition Contents

AUDIO CD DISC 1

The Goblin Soundtrack - 17 tracks including Alternate and Bonus Tracks

AUDIO CD DISC 2

The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 1

AUDIO CD DISC 3

The Complete De Wolfe Library Cues Part 2

Rigid box with lid featuring the original iconic artwork
      2 inner digipaks
      150 page hardback book featuring 16 new essays, archive article, archive George A Romero interview and rare Behind-The-Scenes stills
      Dawn of the Dead: The novelisation book by George A Romero and Susanna Sparrow with exclusive artwork

Catalogue number: 2NDBR4123
      Certificate: TBC
      Region: UHD Discs Region Free / Blu-ray Disc Region B
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wonder what the aspect ratio will be. I've always found 1.85:1 to be a little tight; 1.66:1 would be ideal.

EDIT: Region B? Eat my shit.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I wasn't going to, but I've ordered the UHD set. I was going to wait for a standard release, but what the hell. I've bought this bastard so many times already.

It better improve on the underwhelming Italian UHD that I have or it's going on Ebay.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Currently biting my lip and *not* pre-ordering this one, despite having waited years for a decent blu-ray version of 'Dawn..'.

I'm sure that whatever pleasure I'd gain when it drops on the doormat would soon be nullified by my wife's reaction when I try to persuade her we're watching 'Dawn of the Dead' for the third consecutive weekend ("..but it's a different cut", etc).

Soundtracks are nice bonuses, but to be honest I already have all that stuff in my mp3 library and never listen to it, and for the money saved here, I could probably pick up a nice vinyl copy of the Goblin score, should I wish to. I'd be interested to check out the novelisation, but... not £70-worth of interested. Will wait it out for a standard edition.
            https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the novelization, it's pretty mediocre (although I've not read it for 29 years). Romero didn't actually write it himself despite getting top billing.

Comment

Diabolik pre-order pages are up.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...-ray-region-b/

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...-ray-region-b/

And a note from their FB page:

"The UK Dawn of the Dead has really turned into an enigma for us. I won't go into any specifics about why we are making this decision but we are only taking preorders today and tomorrow. After that we won't have anymore to sell or save. It is possible we have plenty when October comes and we can offer more to sell but if you want to lock in your order, please do so now. Although it does say this on the product page, here is a reminder that we take payment now and we don't offer cancellations on preorders."
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Second Sight 4k release pushed back to 11/16 "Due to current circumstances manufacturing & packing are going to take longer than expected. Apologies, we know it's been a long wait and thank everyone for their continued patience as we head for home straight!"
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dawn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	358842
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• If you are outside Europe and ordered the Second Sight release from Base, like me, your order has been cancelled
                      Non-EEA Fulfilment

We have been experiencing an increasing number of legal challenges and other issues with our shipping of orders outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Our suppliers transact with us on the basis that goods will only be sold within the EEA.

These issues have been compounded by: Covid-19 related delivery constraints and costs, an increasing number of lost parcels, local taxation changes, and customs delays. All this has led our Board to take the decision that, with immediate effect we will cease taking orders for countries outside of the EEA.

From the 1st October, we will cease to ship orders outside of the EEA. Any orders that are still outstanding will be cancelled.

We regret we have had to take this action and apologise for any inconvenience we have caused you.

Kind regards

Base.com

Comment

• Packaging for the Second Sight release.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	121162529_1954692971331793_9004594751685765774_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	358956
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This guy got an early copy.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• New interview with Scott Reiniger.

https://www.scifinow.co.uk/dvd-and-b...cott-reiniger/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Anyone else check out the Second Sight release yet? The 4k presentation is gorgeous, such a huge improvement over the past DVD and Blu-ray editions. We watched the theatrical cut last night and I was pretty impressed, noticed a lot of details that I didn't pick up on the other I dunno how many times I've seen the movie.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I cancelled my order, I'll wait for a standard edition. I decided that I didn't need to buy this again at £75. Caps look great though, but I'm in danger of overdosing on this so I need a bit of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X