Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawn of the Dead (and zombies in general: just for fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
    Try the Savini remake -- it's a bit faster paced than the original...and in colour ;)
    Good idea.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Plus, very little swearing, good gore and FX, and zero sex (you can't even count the naked zombie, as they scuzzied her up in the remake).

Comment

I don't remember Bio Zombie being sexy. Or Versus. I didn't like Versus, though.

Comment

Bio Zombie is a good choice. It's pretty kid friendly as far as zombie movies go.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

How can a rotting corpse be in any way kid friendly?

Comment

Some kids are smart enough to know that movies aren't real.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not according to parental watch groups and pissy whinebags.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                  Any recommendations for non-sexual zombie flicks? My son really seems to enjoy them.
                  What about Mark Goldblatt's DEAD HEAT, Alison. That's a fun little film, and although I haven't seen it in years I don't think there's any sexual content in it. When I was a young lad, I was also a big fan of the zombie episode of KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER.

There's also the Chuck Norris flick SILENT RAGE, which features a sort-of-zombie as the antagonist, but IIRC there's a (brief?) sex scene in that movie.
                  'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                  'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Well, looks like I'll be keeping both of my copies of Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead! The BD arrived today and the local version carries over none of the special features from the DVD. Normally, I throw out the old DVD copies* when I upgrade a title to BD, as they're usual the same feature-wise, or have extra material not present on the DVD. But not this time...

* there's no point in on-selling or swapping out DVD to me. Thery're worth nothing to resell as a second-hand item locally, and swapping them out with people o/s costs more in freight charges than the discs' resale value is worth. Hence...bin!
                    Last edited by Mike T; 08-17-2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Interesting. Zombie gets a better than 40% success rating on a dating site, only beaten out on this chart by the vegeterian metal band trifecta.

Comment

So Arrow is releasing the original Romero trilogy.

From what it looks like on the Cult Labs board, you can get all three in one set on DVD or you can get Day and Dawn on BD with Night on DVD. This isn't that big a deal as without Night on BD, there's nothing new here - but I will give them credit for the nifty package design.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

But they'll still be the same old interlaced-standards conversions of the films that Arrow have always used for DVD. So they could wrap 'em in gold and it still wouldn't make an ounce of difference to the product inside the "nifty package design".
                          Last edited by Mike T; 09-01-2011, 01:12 PM. Reason: format clarification

Comment

I don't recall any issues with the last Dawn and Day DVDs they put out, but don't have them anymore to double check.

Regardless, it was the possibility of a decent Night on Blu-ray (I know there's an expensive Japanese release but don't want to shell out that kind of money) that had me interested.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Regardless, it was the possibility of a decent Night on Blu-ray (I know there's an expensive Japanese release but don't want to shell out that kind of money) that had me interested.
                              Yep, it's sad that there's no decent BD of NIGHT: it's a real gap in the market. (Having said that, there's a French BD which I don't know anything about; has anyone seen it? Is it an improvement over the other releases of NIGHT on BD?)

I seem to remember reading that the Japanese release is supposed to be like the Optimum BD release in the UK: a decent print but fairly heavily cropped on all four sides.
                              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Isn't the Japanese disc taken from the same transfer as the R1 Weinstein special edition?

No idea on the French release. Amazed it hasn't popped up stateside yet.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X