Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawn of the Dead (and zombies in general: just for fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY BOYFRIEND'S BACK is pretty excellent. There's sex in the air, but I considered it teen-appropriate. Teen boys of a certain age will fit to bust.

Comment

Oh wow I'd forgotten all about that movie. Andrew Lowery's career seems to have dried up.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Fido movie wasn't sexy.

Comment

No sex in Shaun of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, or 28 Days Later (if I remember correctly - been a while). Not necessarily kid friendly though. NOTLD still scares me.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There was a naked booty in NOTLD. Is that too sexist?

Comment

ZOMBIE?

Sex & Nudity

Two people pretend to be a young kissing couple in order to escape a police officer. Not graphic at all.

A woman takes off her top, before jumping naked off the boar, into the sea

A woman gets out of the shower, and we see her breasts briefly before she puts on a bathrobe.

A man and a woman make out on the ground, but are interrupted. Again, not graphic.

Despite the on-screen nudity, there are no actual sex scenes or strong innuendo in the film.

Violence & Gore

There are some strong scenes of bloody violence and gore in this film. We see zombies feasting on dead bodies; zombies biting bloody chunks of flesh from their victims; a woman's eye impaled in close, extended detail; numerous gunshot wounds; exploding zombie heads; zombies fried by Molotov cocktails; etc.

The violence in this film is less frequent and slightly less bloody than in its contemporaries such as Dawn of the Dead, but the lingering, intense style of shooting makes the gore scenes rather more shocking and frightening.

Profanity

Occasional mild scatological terms (e.g. "crap", "horseshit") and very mild religious profanities ("damn", etc.). None of the stronger sexual terms are used.

Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking

Some characters are seen drinking spirits. Little to no smoking and no drug use.

Frightening/Intense Scenes

Everything described in the violence/gore section could be considered frightening/disturbing to some viewers; only view this movie if you are prepared for gruesome blood and gore content.

The level of suspense and menace is also quite high in many scenes, and is likely to be too much for children or sensitive/nervous individuals.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080057/parentalguide

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                A woman takes off her top, before jumping naked off the boar, into the sea
                Does this constitute animal cruelty?
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ian Jane, Protector of Sealife

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                    The Fido movie wasn't sexy.
                    Wasn't good, either.
                    HI-YO!

Comment

Mild nudity isn't a big deal. He watches and likes F13 movies. Wonder if he'd like NOTLD... it'd probably be too slow to hold his interest.
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

He'd probably dig Shaun of the Dead though the language gets it the R.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Day of the Dead has no sex in it.

Comment

Neither does Deadgirl...technically...

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                              Wonder if he'd like NOTLD... it'd probably be too slow to hold his interest.
                              Try the Savini remake -- it's a bit faster paced than the original...and in colour ;)

Comment

I want to get him to watch Stacey as I've been wanting to watch it again. I remember it being a lot of fun.
                                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                                X