Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

31 days of horror part 5: the Final Frontier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31 days of horror part 5: the Final Frontier.

Part 5. I'm starting to run out of sequel subtitles to plunder. For the month of Halloween we try to watch 31 horror movies, 1 for each day of the year, and write about them. Kind of like what we already do but different because don't ask.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

31 days of horror Attack! (Critters)
    31 days of horror V The Rebirth (Howling)
    31 days of horror The Toy Maker (Silent Night, Deadly Night)
    The 31 days of horror Curse (Amityville)

Comment

The AMityville subtitle would have been great last year when I watched 4 or so Amityville sequels.

Got 21 of my 31 things picked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
        31 days of horror Attack! (Critters)
        31 days of horror V The Rebirth (Howling)
        31 days of horror The Toy Maker (Silent Night, Deadly Night)
        The 31 days of horror Curse (Amityville)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post

Comment

For me, every day can be Halloween as I watch mostly horror films. However, October is going to be a busy month for me so if I get to watch 15 movies, that will be an accomplishment.
              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Got a buddy of mine that writes these long detailed reviews. But since he has no social media at all his reviews get 10 views at the most. If yall are cool with me doing it ,in October I will post links to his reviews each day. He is doing shlocky films for October. With the 31st film going to be one of the dirt worst vampire films I have ever seen. A film so bad everyone must see it. Been trying to get my buddy to join up here. But he had a horrible experience years ago on a forum and is leary of forums in general now.

Here's his review of Island of Lost Souls from last years October...http://codysfilmandtvblog.blogspot.c...ouls-1932.html

I will on the other hand just do my normal grab a film off the shelf/found streaming. Then watch and write maybe 3 paragraphs about it.
                Newt Cox
                Last edited by Newt Cox; 09-21-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I got my start tonight by checking that the version of Stagefright on Shudder is actually uncut, then I realized my subscription expires tonight and I'm not in that mood anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                    I got my start tonight by checking that the version of Stagefright on Shudder is actually uncut, then I realized my subscription expires tonight and I'm not in that mood anyway.
                    I need to watch that on SHudder. Think I got my film for Halloween figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                      I need to watch that on SHudder. Think I got my film for Halloween figured out.
                      I don't really care for slasher movies, but Stagefright is batshit in ways that make it really fun, and the gore in the uncut version is really well done. I still have a bootleg I made from the Japanese uncut Laserdisc, and I might hook my VCR up to do a double feature of that and Braindead soon.

Comment

I grew up in the slasher fad so enjoy most of them. Watched The Mutilator for the first time last month off Shudder. Was fairly impressed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                          Stagefright is batshit in ways that make it really fun, and the gore in the uncut version is really well done. I still have a bootleg I made from the Japanese uncut Laserdisc
                          Was STAGEFRIGHT ever cut? I remember renting the VHS back in the day and it had all of the gore.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            Was STAGEFRIGHT ever cut? I remember renting the VHS back in the day and it had all of the gore.
                            It was. Even some of the Blu and DVD releases are trimmed in spots compared to the fully uncut version. The cut version was still gory, but the uncut went further. Biggest difference I can spot right off is the drill-through-the-door kill. Cut, it goes through and there's a fair bit of blood, uncut the bit goes back and forth a bit and there's more blood.

Comment

May as well join in again this year. Still got a fair few DVDs lying around that I need to watch to see if they're worth upgrading (or ditching). Realised recently that I've still never seen Fulci's THE PSYCHIC and THE BLACK CAT so I need to give those a spin.

Comment

Working...
                              X