Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fool's Day

From FB:

Guess who's going to be the life of the party?

Slasher-classic APRIL FOOL'S DAY starring Deborah Foreman (Valley Girl) slices and dices its way to BLU-RAY for the first time ever next month.

When a group of college students decides to spend spring break at the secluded island estate of their wealthy classmate, Muffy St. John, things take a sinister turn when friends begin to go missing and turn up dead in brutal fashion.

ON BLU-RAY & DVD SEPTEMBER 4TH

Pre-Order here at JB Hi-Fi: http://bit.ly/2Npdu90

Click image for larger version

Name:	68798002_3465747266784130_8291972481380515840_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	369904
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I actually liked this one. Puts me in the minority.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I enjoy it. Hell I even enjoyed the remake I never hear anyone mention.

Comment

I'm wondering if I've seen this. is it the slasher where

SPOILERS!!!!!

at the end it turns out that the whole thing was just an elaborate prank and nobodies dead at all?
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          I'm wondering if I've seen this. is it the slasher where

SPOILERS!!!!!

at the end it turns out that the whole thing was just an elaborate prank and nobodies dead at all?
          Yep that is it. It is also the slasher where the novelization has scenes that got cut from the end of the film. IIRC images from one of these cut scenes were on the back of the VHS release.

Comment

I still remember the scene where Muffy appears in the window suddenly scaring the hell out of me. I thought it was good.

Comment

Scream Factory just announced that they're releasing this in 2020 as a collector's edition.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming March 24th, 2020.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7312

Click image for larger version

Name:	EKZVOaeUcAwVtRg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	357095
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The new cover is bad, but at least they went for something different than their typical garbage artwork. The AU release had low video bitrate and lossy audio. Hopefully this "collector's edition" actually gets a new transfer.

Comment

Full press release:

April Fool's Day Collector's Edition Blu-rayâ„¢ Available March 24, 2020 from Scream Factory

Guess who's going to be the life of the party? On March 24, 2020, Scream Factory brings the fan-favorite 1980s mystery slasher April Fool's Day to Blu-rayâ„¢ for the first time! This Collector's Edition release includes a number of brand-new bonus features including new interviews with director Fred Walton, actress Deborah Goodrich Royce, actor Clayton Rohner, composer Charles Bernstein, and cinematographer Charles Minsky, and more! Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com

When Muffy St. John (Deborah Foreman, Valley Girl) invited her college friends up to her parents' secluded island home for the time of their lives, she just forgot to tell them it just might be the last time of their lives. As soon as the kids arrive on the island, someone starts trimming the guest list ... one murder at a time. And what starts out as a weekend of harmless "April Fool's Day" pranks turns into a bloody battle for survival. It's just what you'd expect from the producer who brought you Body Parts, Species and Friday the 13th Parts III-V!

April Fool's Day Bonus Features:

NEW Horror with A Twist - an interview with director Fred Walton
                    NEW Well of Lies - an interview with actress Deborah Goodrich Royce
                    NEW Looking Forward to Dessert - an interview with actor Clayton Rohner
                    NEW Bloody Unforgettable - an interview with composer Charles Bernstein
                    NEW The Eye of Deception - an interview with cinematographer Charles Minsky
                    Theatrical Trailer
                    TV Spots
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Kino announced that they're working on a UHD release (it'll be UHD only as Shout! still has the Blu-ray rights) for later this year.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                      X