X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCream Factory's 2019 SDCC annoucements

Stolen from their facebook page:
    *** MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT OF UPCOMING TITLES ***

We just revealed a whopping 20+ upcoming films in person at our San Diego Comic Con panel! The following list are the exciting Blu-rays in progress and all the details we have at the moment.

• THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN (1957) - Early '50s chiller starring Peter Cushing (in his first film for Hammer Films). Expected release: Nov 2019.

• BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (1986) - We aim to create the definitive release of one of John Carpenter's biggest and most beloved films in a 2-disc set. To raise the stakes, we'll be releasing a Collector's Edition and a Steelbook™ (both with the same content) simultaneously on the same date. Expected release: Nov or Dec 2019.

• BODY PARTS (1991) - After losing his arm in a car accident, a criminal psychologist has it replaced with a limb that belonged to a serial killer. Jeff Fahey (The Lawnmower Man) stars in Eric Red's (Bad Moon) underrated flick. Expected Release: Jan 2020.

• DR JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE (1971) - This gender-bending excursion from Hammer Films is quite the trip! Ralph Bates stars in this thriller directed by Roy Ward Baker (The Vampire Lovers). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• DRACULA (1979) (Collector's Edition) - John Badham's slick and sophisticated telling of the legendary story flies into our midst in a 2-disc set. Includes a new transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette. Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• THE FAN (1981) - This often-overlooked '80s slasher film (which originally came out in theaters the same month as The Burning, Friday the 13th Part 2, Graduation Day and Happy Birthday to Me) stars Michael Biehn (Aliens) playing a deranged admirer who sets his sights on a Broadway star (screen legend Lauren Bacall). Score by Pino Donaggio (Dressed to Kill). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• THE FLY COLLECTION - The insect-morphing franchise buzzes into town in a complete set that includes the original terrors The Fly (1958), Return of the Fly (1959), Curse of the Fly (1965) as well as the horrifying reboots The Fly (1986) and The Fly II (1989). We're setting this packaging up just like we did recently for Critters and The Omen collections (Rigid slipcase, individual cases). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (1971) - This creepy, atmospheric and very underrated psychological cult classic from the early '70s makes its long-awaited Blu-ray format debut! Expected Release: Jan 2020.

• MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981) (Collector's Edition) - Don't have a heart attack but “Harry Warden” is back!! ❤ The original '80s slasher film receives more love and attention from us with a planned 2-Disc set. Expected Release: Feb 2020 — before Valentine's Day.

• PET SEMATARY II (1992) (Collector's Edition) - Mary Lambert's entertaining follow up to her 1989 original film based on the Stephen King novel stars Edward Furlong (Brainscan), Anthony Edwards (Revenge of the Nerds) and Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption). Expected Release: Feb 2020.

• PROPHECY (1979) - Writer David Seltzer (The Omen) and Director John Frankenheimer (The Manchurian Candidate) spin a monstrous yarn about the dangers of environmental pollution in the deep woods of Maine. Robert Foxworth (Damien: Omen II) and Talia Shire (Rocky) star with horrifying monster makeup effects by Thomas Burman (Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• ROAD GAMES (1981) (Collector's Edition) - Legendary Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis hits the roads with Stacy Keach (The New Mike Hammer) and a serial killer against a deserted Australian backdrop. From Director Richard Franklin (Psycho II, Patrick). Expected Release: Nov 2019.

• SILVER BULLET (1985) (Collector's Edition) - A werewolf terrorizes a small New England town in this fang-baring film written by Stephen King. Stars Corey Haim (The Lost Boys), Everett McGill (Twin Peaks) and Gary Busey (The Buddy Holly Story). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

• UNIVERSAL HORROR COLLECTION VOLUME III - Another round of early classic horror films are on tap with Tower of London (1939), Man Made Monster (1941), The Black Cat (1941) and Horror Island (1941). Expected Release: Dec 2019.

All releases are Region A for U.S. and Canadian Territories.

Also announced tonight: More Exclusive-to-Scream Factory NECA© action figures are coming soon!

• NIGHT OF THE DEMONS - Last year we unleashed the limited-edition “Angela” character… but we all know she needs her friends to party with! Terrifying “Suzanne” and “Stooge” demons are ready to let loose and will be sold as a 2-pack with an expected release before Halloween 2019.

• THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE - The 1982 driller-killer slasher classic will see its central villain “Russ Thorn” getting the toy treatment. New Steelbook packaging plus a new 4K scan of the film is also in the works. Expected release date: Jan 2020.

Be the first to know when these become available to pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/new...ts-fro…/

And if that weren't enough good news, we'll add some more! We have even more titles and deals in the works that should take us through the end of 2020 if all goes accordingly to plan. So if you didn't see one of your favorites here, it may very well be in progress for near year and announced in the future.

If you've made it this far, we definitely want to take this moment to sincerely thank you guys for the support and love during the last 7 seven years of Scream Factory. It's a rollercoaster of a brand as you know…and we couldn't do it without you! ❤
    A much better announcement than the previous two years, I think.

Oh, here are the action figures mentioned at the end of the post

Comment

I'm rather excited about Road Games & esp. My Bloody Valentine plus Prophecy and Let's Scare Jessica to Death.

I'm glad I held off on buying the Aussie rel. of R.G. Sure hope it's a superior transfer. I think the Aussie is from a print but could be wrong.

Comment

I've got everything there of interest to me from other regions already (apart from Snowman which I've been meaning to get from Japan), which is just as well considering the cost of importing Shout titles to the UK these days.

No essential restorations like Nightbreed or Exorcist III to look forward to.

Yes, the Aussie Road Games is a 4k scan of a print (which is a bit pointless in terms of the resolution). I'm interested to see if Shout can get any higher up the food chain for that, but not enough to buy it again.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Very happy about PROPHECY. It's a weird and entertaining movie that deserves a bigger following.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

This is interesting!

DRACULA (1979) (Collector's Edition) - John Badham's slick and sophisticated telling of the legendary story flies into our midst in a 2-disc set.
            includes a new transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette. Expected Release: November 2019.

I've never seen the film but I've often hear fans complain about how the director basically toned down the colours to almost black & white for the home video releases. From what I've heard, the original cinema version had bright colours and looked really good. For some reason, until now, the director has refused to let a colour version get a release.
            2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
              This is interesting!

DRACULA (1979) (Collector's Edition) - John Badham's slick and sophisticated telling of the legendary story flies into our midst in a 2-disc set.
              includes a new transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette. Expected Release: November 2019.

I've never seen the film but I've often hear fans complain about how the director basically toned down the colours to almost black & white for the home video releases. From what I've heard, the original cinema version had bright colours and looked really good. For some reason, until now, the director has refused to let a colour version get a release.
              The reason is that John Badham wanted to film in black and white to begin with, but Universal wouldn't allow it. When the Director's cut movement of the 1990s hit, Universal let him supervise the rerelease, and let him have it re-graded to his preference. He wanted black and white with the very rare splash of colour, like the ending of Schindler's List, but was turned down on that, so he had the film drained of colour almost completely. There is a very rare old laserdisc with the original theatrical timing, but since the regrading, seven the TV versions have been the faded look.

Comment

Working...
              X