No announcement yet.

Black Christmas Being Remade... Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Christmas Being Remade... Again.

"Blumhouse Productions is remaking a classic, and they've picked a hell of an intriguing director to bring fresh blood to a bonafide horror standout. The Wrap reports the horror house has tapped director Sophia Takal to helm a new take on “Black Christmas,” as inspired by Bob Clark's 1974 original, which starred Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder, and John Saxon and has long been hailed as one of the earliest examples of a slasher film.

Takal, best known for directing psychologically taut dramas like “Green” and “Always Shine,” wrote the script alongside April Wolfe. The feature will shoot in New Zealand. Jason Blum of Blumhouse Productions, and Ben Cosgrove and Adam Hendricks of Divide/Conquer are producing. Greg Gilreath and Zac Locke of Divide/Conquer will executive produce."

More here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danny-DeVito-Nope.gif
Views:	1
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	356252

Comment

Nothing will ever beat the excellent Glen Morgan remake which is a fucking great film in desperate need of a decent blu-ray presenting both cuts on separate discs plus extensive extras (very troubled production with lots of Weinstein fuckery).
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

I remember not hating the remake, but nothing's ever going to top the uneasy windswept atmosphere of the original, or come close to that fantastic Margot Kidder performance. Damn, she was so good in those early films. What a waste of potential.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Only interested if they let Andrea Martin play all the parts this time, like Black Christmas: A One Woman Show.
          Wernski
          Last edited by Wernski; 06-15-2019, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Cary Elwes has been cast.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ack-christmas/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	356282

Comment

I had no idea this was a thing.

The digital look is pretty cheap looking. I like the release of Friday the 13th in December. Come on, that's clever. It looks like it's doing something a little different than the original, murderous cults and shit, okay, sign me up. It won't be as good as the original but at least it's different.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

This looks like it would have been cool on its own merits. Disappointing that Blumhouse used the title "Black Christmas" to cash in on Bob Clark's legacy. Maybe they'll go for the big bucks and cast one of the Stranger Things kids as Ralphie in A Christmas Story "remake" next.

Comment

The Stranger Things kids are too old now.

Comment

Everyone always complains that the trailer shows too much but... that trailer really shows too much! It should come with spoiler warnings. Looks fun though.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

A wet fart at Xmas. Rental....maybe.
                        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

PG-13 rating for the new remake.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/31...e-rated-pg-13/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

No dropping the C bomb like the original then. The UK censors actually cut that from the cinema release in the 70s. What a bunch of vaginas.

At PG-13, this is going to lose the nasty oppressive atmosphere of the original. I would say that it's geared to teeny boppers, but some whiny bitch would start a petition.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Whelp, that's an easy skip.

Comment

Working...
                              X