Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Game Coming From Grindhouse Releasing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Game Coming From Grindhouse Releasing?

So Bob Murawski was interviewed on The Projection Booth...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000437848800

...and mentioned that Grindhouse Releasing has this in the works.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075921/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's exciting. Been wanting to see this for awhile.

Comment

http://www.grindhousereleasing.com/g...e_catalog.html

a few other titles on this page too

Comment

i suppose some of the titles may have gone to other labels.

if you look around a bit Pigs is listed. Vinegar Syndrome put that one out?

Comment

I've never seen Death Game but it's one I do want to see so I sure hope it's true GH will eventually release it.

Yeah, VS did Pigs. What about Scum of the Earth? Is that the HG Lewis film or something else? I'd welcome Scream Bloody Murder purely based on the title. I think I remember the vhs artwork. I just hope GH
          doesn't call it quits even if they just do one release a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
            What about Scum of the Earth? Is that the HG Lewis film or something else?
            It's the S.F. Brownrigg film aka POOR WHITE TRASH PART II

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075088...2?ref_=nv_sr_2

It's supposed to be pretty good.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I'll wait for a release date to start getting excited, but it's great to hear they're still moving forward with it. Definitely looking forward to finally seeing this in scope.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	360732
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

DEATH GAME NEWS!
                  Pre-orders for the DEATH GAME 2 disc Deluxe Edition Blu-ray begin January 1 at GrindhouseReleasing.com. We'll announce full specs and street date at that time. As with the PIECES jigsaw puzzle, the I DRINK YOUR BLOOD Horror Hypo, and the TOUGH ONES bullet pen, we are including a special gift with the first 2000 copies.
                  The DEATH GAME Meat Cleaver edition is exclusive to our online store at shop.grindhousereleasing.com. You won't get this from Amazon or anywhere else, so if you do want one of the embossed DEATH GAME meat cleavers included with the first 2000 units, make sure you order direct from Grindhouse Releasing!
                  Be sure to pre-order on January 1st. This limited edition will sell out QUICKLY!
                  Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the ultimate 1970s psychological thriller. John Cassavetes veteran Seymour Cassel stars as George Manning, a family man whose perfect life is turned into a nightmare of sex and torture when he allows himself to be seduced by two nubile young strangers (Sondra Locke and Colleen Camp) who show up at his door on a rainy night. Considered lost for many decades, DEATH GAME is being presented for for the first time on home video in its original 2.39:1 aspect ratio, meticulously restored in 4K from the original camera negative.
                  "A grisly stab at horror exploitation."
                  - Variety
                  "An intense, uncomfortable film... an exercise in suspense, violence and degradation."
                  - Roy Frumkes, Hollywood Reporter
                  "An extremely well made, engrossing and often shocking film that bears watching if you have the stomach for it... a relentlessly painful and violent film. Traynor shows the gross sickness of a violent society."
                  - Doug de Lisle, The Times Record
                  "If you have a friend who enjoys this movie, get a new friend."
                  - Cleveland Plain Dealer
                  We are bringing DEATH GAME to select theaters nationwide in 2022! See it on the big screen at these upcoming dates:
                  • January 14 & 15 - Marcus des Peres Cinema 14, St Louis
                  • January 19 - Alamo Drafthouse New Mission, San Francisco
                  • February 4 - American Cinematheque - Los Feliz 3 Theatre, Los Angeles
                  • March 5-Coolidge Corner Theatre, Boston

Name:	269830136_572938340477797_1953385670735403660_n.jpg
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	361025

Name:	269827833_572940143810950_7289243730077425734_n.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	361026
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

From FB:

""Due to a manufacturing issue, there will be a slight delay in the release of the DEATH GAME Blu-ray. We expect to ship the limited edition Blu-ray to our customers in March.
                    While this is extremely frustrating for all of us, we made the decision to reprint the slipcovers, outer wrap and booklet rather than compromise the presentation of this long-awaited release.
                    We apologize for the inconvenience. We are offering a 25 percent discount on back catalog Blu-ray titles to all customers pre-ordering DEATH GAME from our website.
                    Thank you for your patience.
                    Bob Murawski
                    Grindhouse Releasing
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I can't believe how fast this went. After waiting for years for it to be released - already OOP. That is seriously messed up. I don't know where the fuck I was -- waiting for it to show up on Diabolik, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        From FB:

""Due to a manufacturing issue, there will be a slight delay in the release of the DEATH GAME Blu-ray. We expect to ship the limited edition Blu-ray to our customers in March.
                        While this is extremely frustrating for all of us, we made the decision to reprint the slipcovers, outer wrap and booklet rather than compromise the presentation of this long-awaited release.
                        We apologize for the inconvenience. We are offering a 25 percent discount on back catalog Blu-ray titles to all customers pre-ordering DEATH GAME from our website.
                        Thank you for your patience.
                        Bob Murawski
                        Grindhouse Releasing
                        The classic "We fucked up, so to make up for it, you can give us more money to get a discount on something else" tactic.

Comment

Heard this is awesome, excited to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicGandil View Post
                            I can't believe how fast this went. After waiting for years for it to be released - already OOP. That is seriously messed up. I don't know where the fuck I was -- waiting for it to show up on Diabolik, I guess.
                            For real. Did anyone manage to get a copy?
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

For real. Did anyone manage to get a copy?
                              I did. From what I saw Grindhouse made one or two batches available after the first run with the cleaver sold out. I managed to grab a copy then. I never really cared much for Sondra Locke before, but her performance here was wonderfully feral and sexy. Colleen Camp was also pretty great and the cinematography was way better than I expected. If it becomes available again don't hesitate to grab it.

Comment

Working...
                              X