X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Leif Jonkers' Darkness

More info here:

https://rue-morgue.com/exclusive-com...y-arrow-video/

"Leif Jonker's underground vampire-gore favorite DARKNESS is getting a major hi-def makeover from Arrow Video, and we've got exclusive words and info from the filmmaker, as well as a look at the new artwork and a promo trailer.

Tonight at Texas Frightmare Weekend in Dallas, TX, Jonker and Arrow Video's Ewan Cant announced the DARKNESS Blu-ray, which will feature a new 2.5K overscan of the original camera elements. This will be Jonker's official “Final Cut” of the movie (which was first issued on VHS in 1993 and then on a double-DVD set by Barrel Entertainment in 2006), restoring the early-'90s heavy metal music heard on the initial releases, including songs by Apostasy, The Grunge, Scepter and Knight. Up front will be the artwork seen below, created by Christopher Shy, whose poster work includes MANDY and GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS. “We weren't planning to announce the release until July,” the filmmaker tells RUE MORGUE, “but Ewan, I and my crew were all so happy with Shy's artwork, we decided to push up the date to this weekend,” with posters of Shy's work available at TFW."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Amazing news and day 1 purchase for me. I still own the Barrell DVD.
    Say HELL NO to Ian Jane's poor review of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Comment

I hate to say it because this was obviously a labour of love.... but this movie is a total bore.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I haven't watched this in years and don't remember much. I may have to pull out the Barrel DVD and give it a spin before buying the Arrow BD.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dark.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	415494
          Click image for larger version

Name:	351139512_634405601640483_9214894449892056950_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	415495
          Rock! Shock! Pop!