Alexandre Aja's Crawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexandre Aja's Crawl

"They were here first. Watch the official trailer for Crawl, in theatres July 12, 2019.

When a massive hurricane hits her Florida hometown, Haley ignores evacuation orders to search for her missing father. Finding him gravely injured in the crawl space of their family home, the two become trapped by quickly encroaching floodwaters. As time runs out to escape the strengthening storm, Haley and her father discover that the rising water level is the least of their fears.

From director Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes) and producers Craig Flores (300), Sam Raimi (Don't Breathe, Evil Dead) and Alexandre Aja, Crawl is a nail-biting horror thriller in theatres July 12, 2019."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I feel like this trailer shows way too much, even for a silly creature feature. And most of what it shows looks like an Asylum film with a bigger budget and smaller CGI creature. What would be interesting is if everything shown in the trailer is just a setup for the real story, which has nothing to do with stupid killer alligators.

Comment

I like Aja's visual style a lot and I'm probably always going to root for him to knock another film out of the park. Unfortunately, the last time a film of his worked for me was 13 years ago with the HILLS HAVE EYES remake. I'll definitely check this out but my expectations are in check.

Comment

I love crocodile/aligator films! It is my favourite kind of creature-feature, so I'll be seeing this for sure.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I saw this, and, well, I liked it!. I knew going in it was 87 minutes long, and a lot of people liked it. i figured, it would be pretty fast paced. So, i knew that, and it centered around a woman, and someone else, being stuck in a house during a hurricane.

The first 30min or so, moved a bit slow, to set things up. Anyway, once the ball started rolling, it was a decent time. The next 55min or so have a decent amount going on.

Some stupid shit happens, even many in the audience spoke up when a character gets their phone, then fucks with it, before going to safety. Grab that shit, go back to where it is safe, then fuck with it.

This movie isn't spectacular, but, I liked it, it's good, a decent time. It's edited well, and at 87 minutes, does not overstay. Also, the, "Cartoon" alligators bothered me at first, but later on, not so much. Still, the CGI gators are not all that great looking. It's OK, but, still, when I had my first exposure to them, I thought to myself, "Looks like a cartoon". I prefer practical stuff, but some of the stuff with the gators swimming underwater would be difficult to do with practical stuff.

It was a decent time, and, hey, I'd watch it again.

Comment

Saw this on the weekend and I thought it was a lot of fun, well crafted and acted. Catch it in the theatre if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
              Saw this on the weekend and I thought it was a lot of fun, well crafted and acted. Catch it in the theatre if you can.
              Saw this last week and I agree. One of those instances when you get exactly what you want and expect.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

SWITCHBLADE ROMANCE AKA HIGH TENSION is still one of my fave French horrors
                PIRANHA remake was better than overrated original
                CRAWL looks good

Comment

I dug this a lot more than I expected, given that CGI typically pulls me out of movies because I am old and cranky. Here, I thought the digital effects worked really well, those pixel-born alligators moved and reacted like real alligators (or at least as I remember them moving and reacting when I worked at an aquarium thirty years ago and had to occasionally feed them!). Solid acting, very tight direction - yeah, the set up does take a bit of time but once it's ready the film really moves. Ironically enough, I kind of groaned at the cell phone bit too - then remembered my commute home where a woman fell down the stairs at the subway station because she was staring at her phone instead of trying to walk. People are kind of dumb like that. Anyway, all in all a really fun watch - just a good, tense creature feature.

And two thumbs up for Sugar the dog.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Paramount is giving this a UHD upgrade in Sept.

Click image for larger version

Name:	291026973_1710183795991499_7204275302731850788_n.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	396381
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not interested in 4k, but this did prompt me to give this another spin. I liked it even more this time around. I think the father /daughter 'I miss you/ hate you' stuff annoyed me less because I knew it was coming. And two more thumbs up for Sugar. 6.5/10

Comment

Fancy Blu-ray reissue coming soon, a Zavvi exclusive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fcw3gOlaMAEtn5K.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	400679
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                        X