Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodrise: Subspecies V

https://www.facebook.com/fullmoonfea...type=3&theater

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Didn't see this coming.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sub.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	400041
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think Charles Band is insane, period. I used to be such a big Full Moon fan, even joined the fan club in late 1992. But some of the movies he's released are pure crap. Another movie with a vampire talking in a raspy voice who repeated gets killed and comes back to life while none of the other characters who die come back? Meh.

Comment

I've really gone down the Band rabbit hole lately. Not sure why. But him releasing his 70s movies on Blu-ray was definitely a catalyst. Dude is definitely a schmatta filmmaker, creating movies from nothing or virtually nothing. There are years where he released nothing that interests me, but has plenty of films from each decade that are enjoyable or that sound promising. Looking forward to some free time to work on my backlog. He's done a lot of garbage, but so has Corman and pretty much everyone else.

Comment

I remember seeing bits of the first two Subspecies movies on TV many years ago and thinking they seemed pretty bland and boring.... am I missing out on anything?

Re: Charles Band, my take has always been that his focus is 100% on the business / deal-making side of things, with pretty much zero creative/artistic investment in the stuff he puts out. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - his talents have helped bring a fair number of great movies into existence (90% of them directed by Stuart Gordon, admittedly), but when he turns his attention to writing/directing, it's generally bad news, and his attempts to sell himself as some kind of horror guru ring pretty hollow.
            https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

SUBSPECIES 2 and 3 are the ones I would say are worth a horror fans time. Surprisingly good production values, cool monster characters and universe building before it was the thing to do, and great very characteristic make up and FX. Denise Duff is really good in them and they walk the line between the frilly and more gore oriented vampires pretty well. Ghetto Goth.

Comment

Hmmm not seen this yet. Found it while looking for new info. SUBSPECIES panel with the cast.

https://youtu.be/hG_7fU1ecG8

Comment

Blu-ray coming 6/1323 via Full Moon.

Name:	328667925_743989093654723_2324974690502552599_n.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	409425
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Franchises never die, is more like it.

Comment

This is actually getting a theatrical release via Alamo Drafthouse.

https://www.joblo.com/subspecies-v-b...rical-release/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Trailer!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Press release!

The vampire Radu (Anders Hove) is back in director Ted Nicolaou's critically acclaimed prequel SUBSPECIES V: BLOODRISE, a dark thriller that follows Radu’s descent from a noble warrior of the Church to a depraved, blood-hungry creature of the night!

Stolen by crusaders on the night of his birth from his demon mother and vampire father, Radu grows up with no knowledge of his monstrous bloodline. Trained and exploited by a brotherhood of mystic monks to slay all enemies of the church, fate brings him back one night to his father's castle, armed with the monster-slaying Sword of Laertes, to destroy the vampire Vladislas and reclaim a holy relic, the Bloodstone.

The horrifying events that unfold turn Radu from an honorable man into a vampire with no master, setting him on a centuries-long quest for sustenance, for companionship, for the treacherous one who stole him from the sun, and for the Bloodstone he hopes will bring him peace.

Filmed in Serbia and featuring original series star Denice Duff in a surprising role, this sensual, violent and operatic exploration of evil marks a stunning return for one of the screen's most beloved bloodsuckers.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
                          Bloodrise: Behind the Scenes
                          Director's Commentary
                          Official Trailers
                          Photo Gallery
                          Closed Captions: English

Own it now on Blu-ray ($21.95) or DVD ($16.95) only from Full Moon Horror!

Name:	sub.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	417286
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X