Midsommar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midsommar

Trailer for the new film from the director of Hereditary.

Definitely a Wicker Man vibe here.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8772262/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hereditary + Wicker Man = I'm in!

Comment

I didn't care much for Hereditary, but, I am willing to give this one a go. The trailer looks interesting. The Wicker Tree didn't do much for me, maybe I'll like this better.

Comment

As someone who lives in a country that celebrates midsommar, I can say that the trailer is very misleading.

What is missing is: stacks upon stacks of small cans of whatever kind of cheap lager one can get, men drinking beer by the grill, and drunk people attemping to dance and/or bathe outside despite the weather being rainy and cold, as no matter how much we like to pretend, summer has not really begun here in june.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Ringeisen View Post
          The Wicker Tree didn't do much for me, maybe I'll like this better.
          Yeah, THE WICKER TREE was a somewhat interesting but ultimately unsatisfying exploration of the clash between Pagan and Christian cultures. THE WICKER MAN, on the other hand, is one of the greatest horror movies of all time, in my opinion. Definitely in my top 30.
          VHS will never die!

Comment

Lorne,

Oh yeah, The Wicker Man is some good stuff. I was a bit excited when Wicker Tree was announced, a sequel so many years later, let me see how it is. I was keen on seeing what was going to be done, though I felt The Wicker Man was fine as it was, just that film. With The Wicker Tree, I just recall a feeling of, well, not much, while watching it. I was disappointed.

The Wicker Man, I recall when I first saw it, pretty much knowing the punch-line at the end, but it still was good stuff. That reminds me, the ending of Seconds was something I didn't know anything about, left me with a, "Wow" at the end... The Wicker Man may have done the same to me years ago,had I not heard about it so much prior to watching it. I need to revisit The Wicker Man sometime. I put The Wickerman there with Blood on Satan's Claw. Both of them I enjoy.

Hereditary, it was different than the trailer led me to think it was, also many things didn't get followed up on, or make sense, but, it was OK. I didn't find it a poor film, it had some moments, just too much didn't make much sense to me. A little bit not making sense it one thing. Hereditary, that type of style film, with what Midsommer looks to be, I think I may find that more interesting. I look forward to giving Midsommer a go. I'm curious about Midsommer.

Comment

Apparently screening invites are coming as pop-up cards (not my picture, swiped it from twitter).

Click image for larger version

Name:	D80s0AIXYAAE7yf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	356234
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

If this movie has anything as hilarious as the telephone pole scene from Hereditary, it will have at least one unintended thing going for it! Sadly, that was the only thing Hereditary really had going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                  If this movie has anything as hilarious as the telephone pole scene from Hereditary...
                  Ouch!
                  VHS will never die!

Comment

Anyone seen this yet? Liked Hereditary, loved Wicker Man so I do have an interest. Trailer looks neat.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Co-worker of mine saw it and said someone stormed (not walked, stormed) out of the screening.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ha! Could they tell why?
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Hereditary, I didn't care much for it, but, it was an OK time. Too often during Hereditary, I found myself thinking things like, "What the fuck did that have to do with anything"? "Why does the girl make, 'click', noises with her mouth? Is it to be creepy"?

I did see, uh, "potential", in Hereditary. Midsommer looks like it will be more up my alley. 2 1/2 hours though... I'm curious how that time is filled. Hopefully not with a bunch of artsy fartsy stuff. I'll still give it a go, though. I like Wicker Man. Hereditary, I thought it was OK, it needed a bit more work, then I think it would have been a better film.

So, in the next few days, I'll give Midsommer a go. I prefer cheap times for movies, but this one, it may be fun with a crowd, and worth the extra $s to do so.

I remember seeing Devil's Advocate back in 1997, and at the end, when the, "Twist" is revealed, a man got up and screamed, "NAW, Hell no! I didn't just pay to see a movie about a ______" The man seemed genuinely upset with the way The Devil's Advocate ended. Fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                            Ha! Could they tell why?
                            Not without spoiling it.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I stumbled across Hereditary on Prime last week. Hard to empathise with the characters as I thought they were all insane and probably shouldn't be allowed to further pollute the gene pool. Okay, Gabriel Byrne was sane but a complete wet fart. Films that make me think like a eugenicist make me uncomfortable. It kept reminding me of The Witch, only not as good. Still, it was interesting enough to make me want to see this. Eventually.
                              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X