No announcement yet.

Midsommar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, the bear suit in MIDSOMMAR was pretty unintentionally humorous, too. Especially, after Nic Cage in a bear suit in the Wicker Man official remake. (Midsommar is like an unoffical one)

Comment

Was it unintentional? I thought it worked as absurdity.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
        Verdict's still out on the director's intentions. I felt there were some bad laughs during the climax that didn't seem intentional, or at least didn't feel earned when the rest of the film seemed fairly serious.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

Verdict's still out on the director's intentions. I felt there were some bad laughs during the climax that didn't seem intentional, or at least didn't feel earned when the rest of the film seemed fairly serious.
          Bingo! After folks started laughing AT the film, Aster started claiming the whole movie was a joke. Yeah, right. Having seen all his movies in theaters, Aster isn't exactly a barrel of laughs. Sure, there is some dark humor around the edges, but, Billy Wilder or John Hughes he ain't

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
            I think it was intended to be surreal touches, but came off as silly bullshit.

Comment

Working...
            X