• Show
Clear All

I prefer 28 Weeks Later.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Horror Island
      The Skull
      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        I prefer 28 Weeks Later.
        I think it's underrated too. Great cast of actors that would all break soon after. I saw the original at the cinema, and it was a large screen. Looked like shit, definitely detracted from the quality of the film.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Day 5: Psychos in Love

Horror-comedies are a pretty fucking dicey prospect, but Psychos is mostly goofy and charming enough to pull it off. While many jokes fall flat (or go on for too long) there were enough that landed to keep me engaged. Even during the weaker moments the lead actors were charming and energetic enough to keep it watchable. The cinematography was bright and colourful, and director Gorman Bechard made good creative use of the film's low budget.

It won't be for everyone (anyone with a low tolerance for cornball and self-referential humour will have a hard time) but if you're in the mood for a goofy love-letter to horror cinema Psychos in Love is worth a watch.

Comment

Not necessarily watching one very day, although I often do double and triple features...

So far:

THE NIGHT STALKER (1972)
            THE DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT (1973)
            ZOMBIE (1979)

Comment

Day 5: Fury of the Wolfman

The subtitles on Prime for this are hilarious. I look forward to further adventures of Dr. Dan Minsky!

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                Day 5: Fury of the Wolfman

The subtitles on Prime for this are hilarious. I look forward to further adventures of Dr. Dan Minsky!
                Isn't Code Red releasing this? Imagine the firestorm if Bill uses the Dan Minsky subtitles. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                  Isn't Code Red releasing this? Imagine the firestorm if Bill uses the Dan Minsky subtitles. lol
                  It will only sell 300. To misquote Carl Weathers as Apollo Creed: 'Ain't gonna be no recall'!

Comment

Title-Amityville:No Escape
                    Source-DVD

Yep another low budget unofficial Amityville sequel. This one from the folks at Camp Motion Pictures. Camp has become known over the past 15 years for bringing lots of 80s and 90s DTV horror movies to DVD. Stuff like Ghoul School,Video Violence 1&2 and the infamous Splatter Farm.The past few years they have even started making new movies. In 2016 they released Amityville No Escape.No one working behind or in front of the camera is anyone I have ever heard of.

Like lots of indie horror in the past 5 or so years Amityville No Escape is a found footage film. Fuck I am so tired of low budget ,and even big budget ,found footage films. Released at the end of summer in 2016 Amityville No Escape is about a group of college students that go off into the woods of Amityville. They go into these woods,supposedly the most haunted woods on the planet.

The movie was originally titled The Fear Tapes. I am assuming it was retitled after filming in hopes that people would rent/buy it cause they thought it was part of the official Amityville franchise.

The cast tries their best. And are pretty good. But they aren't given much to work with.The film's low budget and rushed production show. I am not a fan of found footage movies. The last 10 years it is more of an excuse to have shitty acting,camera work,etc. And Amityville No Escape has it's share of bad camera work.Why must every found footage film be filled with shaky cam?

I do like how since part of the film is set in the mid 90s whoever was in charge of the production tries to make sure everyone is wearing 97ish clothing. And even the footage from the 90s part of the film are in 4:3 instead of 16:9. But that and the film's short running time,with credits and all it is barely 78 minutes long,are the only good parts of the film.

One other positive I can say for Amityville No Escape is it isn't the worst found footage Amityville movie. That would be the previously reviewed Amityville Haunting. Amityville No Escape is a half step better than that piece of crap.

Amityville:No Escape gets a D+.

Comment

Now watch as next year rolls by, I give the thread a subtitle taken from one of the two dozen Amityville movies and none of you guys watch a single Amityville flick.

Comment

Now watch as next year rolls by, I give the thread a subtitle taken from one of the two dozen Amityville movies and none of you guys watch a single Amityville flick.
                        There are 19 Amityville films. I have seen 8 or 9 so far.

Comment

Lady Frankenstein

Holy shit was this movie boring. How the fuck is this a cult classic again?

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                          Imagine the firestorm if Bill purposely misspells the title as Furry of the Wolfman.
                          Alex K.
                          Last edited by Alex K.; 10-05-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Lady Frankenstein

Holy shit was this movie boring. How the fuck is this a cult classic again?

Imagine the firestorm if Bill purposely misspells the title as Furry of the Wolfman.
                            Furry of the Wolfbanana!

Comment

Day 6: Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue

Another one of the 'classics' that I've slept on for far too long. This really lives up to its reputation, with an expertly built aura of dread and menace and a slow-burn, character-driven approach that really pays off during the climax. It really shouldn't hold together as well as it does - despite a mostly foreign cast and crew the setting never feels dislocated. The smart use of locations and a mostly excellent dubbing job make the whole setting surprisingly cohesive. There are still a fair few nits that can be picked (if Arthur Kennedy is trying to do an Irish accent it only comes across occasionally) but nothing too distracting.

I loved the unsettling, almost ritualistic take on the nascent zombie mythos, sitting somewhere between Romero's braindead shamblers and de Ossorio's reanimated Templars. The gore is shockingly blunt as well, with Grau shooting all the gut ripping and axe mayhem in a matter-of-fact way that avoids the sense of glee apparent in various other zombie gorefests. More zombie films should have used this one as inspiration.

Comment

Basket Case - we've all seen it plenty of times and it's still great.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X