The Fog / Prince Of Darkness / They Live Getting 4k UHD Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fog / Prince Of Darkness / They Live Getting 4k UHD Releases

These are coming out in Germany... Diabolik has pre-order pages up for them.

UHD Region Free
    Blu-Ray Region B

The sleepy seaside village of Antonio Bay is about to learn the true meaning of the word “vengeance.” This seemingly perfect town masks a guilty secret … a past steeped in greed and murder. Exactly 100 years ago, a ship was horribly wrecked under mysterious circumstances in a thick, eerie fog. Now, shrouded in darkness, the long-dead mariners have returned from their watery grave to exact a bloody revenge.

UHD, BD
    Video: 2.35:1 (2160p/HDR10)
    Audio: German, English, French (Stereo, DTS-HD MA)
    Subtitles: German, English
    Bonus: New Making Of/Retro Documentary, Intro by John Carpenter, Scenes Analysis with John Carpenter, Audio Commentaries, Interviews with Jamie Lee Curtis, Storyboard, Behind-The-Scenes, Deleted Scenes, TV-Spots, Trailer, SPFX Tests, Slideshow.
    Booklet and Artcards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	horror-klassiker-4k-blu-ray-studiocanal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	369401
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

No art for POD yet.

UHD Region Free
    Blu-Ray Region B

A group of graduate students and scientists uncover an ancient canister in an abandoned church, but when they open it, they inadvertently unleash a strange liquid and an evil force on all of humanity. As the liquid turns their co-workers into zombies, the remaining members realize they have released the most unspeakable horror of them all.

2-Disc: UHD, BD
    Bonus: New Making Of/Retro Documentary, Intro by John Carpenter, Interviews with John Carpenter and Alice Cooper, Interviews with actors and Visual FX Supervisor Robert Grasser, Alan Howarth Documentary by Sean Clark, Audio Commentaries by John Carpenter and Peter Jason, Scenes Analysis with John Carpenter, Trailer, Slideshow.
    Booklet and Artcards.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

UHD Region Free
      Blu-Ray Region B

Horror master John Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing) directs this heart-pounding thriller in which aliens are systematically gaining control of the Earth by masquerading as humans and lulling the public into submission. Humanity's last chance lies with a lone drifter who stumbles upon a harrowing discovery a unique pair of sunglasses that reveals the terrifying and deadly truth.

UHD, BD
      Bonus: New Making Of/Retro Documentary, Electronis Press Kit, Biographies: John Carpenter, Meg Foster, Roddy Piper, Audio Commentary by John Carpenter and Roddy Piper, Free Thoughts With John Carpenter, Interviews with Meg Foster and Keith David, Intro by John Carpenter, Movie's Fake Spots, TV-Spots, Slideshow.
      Booklet and Artcards.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I saw the new 4k restoration of THE FOG at my local cinema on Halloween night. Abso-fuggin'-lutely phenomenal. I'd never seen this one on the big screen before and was struck by how incredible the photography and especially the lighting is in THE FOG: some of the lighting effects are very subtle but play out brilliantly on the big screen, and I also noticed some of the smaller sight gags and quiet moments of humour in the film that had always passed me by when watching the film on television.

I returned home and immediately placed an order for the new Blu-ray. (I was on the fence previously.)

My local cinema is also showing PRINCE OF DARKNESS, THEY LIVE and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK throughout November, so I'm going to make an effort to catch all of them.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Has anyone seen the new UK release with UHD & Blu-ray discs? Just looked at screenshots compared to Scream Factory. I think I'd buy the UK if I come across the bd. The $50 release is tempting but I think I can hold off despite liking The Fog a whole lot.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I had all three of them in my cart yesterday and then chickened out. Gonna wait until there's more info out or for a price drop.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                Has anyone seen the new UK release with UHD & Blu-ray discs?
                I saw the restoration at the cinema last week and thought it was excellent. Some of the opticals looked a little funky but that's to be expected. I bought the BD too this week, along with THEY LIVE, but haven't had chance to watch the disc yet.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Amazon UK has the Blu-ray release of The Fog. I didn't check the other titles but I'm sure they're available, as well. Definitely priced more affordably that the special edition sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                    Amazon UK has the Blu-ray release of The Fog. I didn't check the other titles but I'm sure they're available, as well. Definitely priced more affordably that the special edition sets.
                    FWIW, the regular Blu-ray releases of all four films are in the 2 for £25 offer in HMV...

https://store.hmv.com/search-results...hmode=allwords

Comment

Just got back from a double bill at my local cinema of PRINCE OF DARKNESS and THEY LIVE. Now, that was pretty special :)

Comment

I'm trying not to pull the trigger on those 4k discs Paul, you're not helping.

Though Christmas isn't that far away...
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                          Just got back from a double bill at my local cinema of PRINCE OF DARKNESS and THEY LIVE. Now, that was pretty special :)
                          Where abouts are they showing these? No decent cinemas in Manchester.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                            Where abouts are they showing these? No decent cinemas in Manchester.
                            Cleethorpes, of all places :D They were all one-night-only deals, however.

I caught ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK at the cinema back in November too. They projected that one in the largest auditorium at the cinema, and there was quite a decent turn-out for it. It was an almost religious experience, as every beat in that picture is seared into my subconscious mind thanks to watching it an indefinable number of times during the 1980s and 1990s.

Really please to have managed to see all of these on the big screen.

Comment

A pre-order for a US release of They Live UHD/Blu-ray from Scream Factory popped up at Target.com. no release date yet

Comment

Working...
                              X