No announcement yet.

Pet Sematary Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's too bad, though not entirely surprising. Sounds like a classic case of Hollywood hiring fresh new talent, only to strong-arm them into making something generic and boring. Maybe this should have been a miniseries instead of a feature.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      That's too bad, though not entirely surprising. Sounds like a classic case of Hollywood hiring fresh new talent, only to strong-arm them into making something generic and boring. Maybe this should have been a miniseries instead of a feature.
      It was more a case of a screenwriter making changes for really stupid reasons and failing to understand what made the original work.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        It was more a case of a screenwriter making changes for really stupid reasons and failing to understand what made the original work.
        Agreed. The new ending is for shock value and nothing more. It could have been a cool idea for an original project, not for Pet Sematary.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony1138 View Post
          Agreed. The new ending is for shock value and nothing more. It could have been a cool idea for an original project, not for Pet Sematary.
          And changing it from the toddler to the older kid, and aging that kid up to a teen were also bad ideas, as well as changing where the family moved to Maine from.

Basically, every element of the story with a psychological/emotional weight got changed for idiotic reasons.

Comment

So this wasn't as bad as I expected. Nothing very memorable, but it had some nice atmosphere and it wasn't as dumb as some of the more recent big studio horror releases. It's a good story, so any adaptation is going to have its moments. The scenes when the daughter first returns were the best and the ending is amusingly nasty.

Unfortunately, I had to watch a cropped 1.78:1 version that was only revealed after I had purchased it on VOD. I can't fucking believe cable providers are still fucking doing this! I previously had to watch cropped versions of UPGRADE and the DEATH WISH remake. So annoying.

Comment

Is it the cable providers, or the studios? In any event, what the fuck?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                Honestly? It's because fewer people will complain about a cropped movie than the mongoloids that will bitch if there's one line of black pixels on their TV. I know this from my time doing support for a satellite TV company. We got bombarded with calls when a movie channel showed The Fast and The Furious letterboxed one night.

Comment

Sad but true.

Comment

So this wasn't as bad as I expected. Nothing very memorable, but it had some nice atmosphere and it wasn't as dumb as some of the more recent big studio horror releases. It's a good story, so any adaptation is going to have its moments. The scenes when the daughter first returns were the best and the ending is amusingly nasty.

Unfortunately, I had to watch a cropped 1.78:1 version that was only revealed after I had purchased it on VOD. I can't fucking believe cable providers are still fucking doing this! I previously had to watch cropped versions of UPGRADE and the DEATH WISH remake. So annoying.
                    You should've complained & asked for a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                      You should've complained & asked for a refund.
                      Yeah, I know. I'm a lazy man.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I'm a lazy man.
                        You are letting the mongoloids win, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          It's not cropped to rent on Google Play. I don't know anything but you'd assume the studio would provide the same version to various VOD providers.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                            You are letting the mongoloids win, man.
                            The moron majority usually does.

Comment

Working...
                            X