Pet Sematary Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Sematary Remake

So this is no in pre-production and some official casting news is starting to make the rounds.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ine-cast-role/

"One of the most nightmarish movie characters of all time is no doubt Zelda from Pet Sematary, the deathly ill sister of Rachel Creed who was actually played by male actor Andrew Hubatsek in the '89 big screen adaptation. Zelda, who suffers from spinal meningitis, makes a brief but unforgettable appearance in the film, and she's coming back for the re-adaptation.

Young actress Alyssa Brooke Levine has been cast as our new Zelda.

Three-year-old twins Hugo Lavoie and Lucas Lavoie will play Gage Creed, with Jeté Laurence taking on the role of Ellie Creed. Jason Clarke (Winchester) and Amy Seimetz (Alien: Covenant) are our new Louis and Rachel Creed. John Lithgow is Jud Crandall."

More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'll give it a chance.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Zombie cat!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DosOcpBXgAARQ-L.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	354985
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

CG cat
        Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Comment

Grumpy Cat is scarier than that. I'm still rooting for the remake to be good, though. Trailer drops tomorrow.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DpFJyHQVAAAZavd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	355002
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks good.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

This is going to debut at SXSW.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/sx...ry-1202041560/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by cinemacide View Post
                    CG cat
                    Real cat apparently. I was looking at that thinking, man that's good cgi, but I hear they found a cat that could kind of, sort of, be cajoled into acting.

I've never read Pet Sematary but I know the concept and my question is: if your cat came back from the dead evil how would you know? I have three, and I love them dearly, and I certainly wouldn't call them evil, but all cats are fuckwits by nature. It's in their nature to be self centered and cause whatever troubles going. Hard to imagine how actually being evil could make them worse.
                    Last edited by Dom D; 02-07-2019, 12:13 AM.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

This is one of King's lesser books for me. And I didn't like the first film. I'll check this one out to see what's what.

Comment

New trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Blu-ray/4k releases are coming 6/25.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-v...ernate-ending/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Did anybody here end up going to see this? I was planning on it, but it disappeared from theaters pretty fast.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I watched a Korean subbed rip. Glad I didn't pay to see it. Pointless remake that misses most of marks that the first one hit. The first 2/3 felt rushed, as if they tried to hit all of the beats from the book in order to get to the "gotcha" twist. Which didn't pay off at all. The changes to the story could have been interesting, but were ultimately failed due to poor writing and the fact that they gave it away in the damn trailer. They spent almost no time building relationships between characters, so there was no emotional impact when they start getting killed. A few scenes did play with audience expectations, assuming you're familiar with the book/original movie. Otherwise it was pretty boring. Best thing I can say about it is that it has a slick modern look to it, if that floats your boat. You're better off reading the book or watching the original movie. Extremely disappointing follow up to Starry Eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X