Maximum Overdrive from Vestron Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Overdrive from Vestron Video

Not announced yet, but someone at the Blu-ray.com forum found that Red Shirt accidentally had their Vimeo page set to public and they had the special features for it on there.

This movie gets shit on heavily, but it falls in the "stuff that I saw on Pay TV that I wasn't allowed to watch due to strict parental guidelines". I taped it off of Superchannel back in the day, I was a huge Emilio Estevez fan (this and WISDOM were favourites), and I watched it hundreds of times. Looking forward to a good transfer with some extras.

Comment

It is silly, but I think it is fun and wish coked up Steve had made more "moron movies." Shame he wont take part in the special features.

Comment

Some films that I dislike actually grow on me when I watch them years later. I just know that after 30 years this is not going to be one of them. The only bit that I recall liking was like line about wiping your arse with a hook next time you take a dump.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Has a page at Barnes and Noble (pre-order is not live), with an October 23 release date.

Comment

Credit where credit's due, King is f*cking terrifying on that trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GepflqE7iu8

Comment

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I've seen this way too many times. The only way I'd pick this up is if they uncovered the uncut footage (even if it's in shit quality and buried away in the special features) or maybe if they got King to do a commentary.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  This movie gets shit on heavily, but it falls in the "stuff that I saw on Pay TV that I wasn't allowed to watch due to strict parental guidelines". I taped it off of Superchannel back in the day, I was a huge Emilio Estevez fan (this and WISDOM were favourites), and I watched it hundreds of times. Looking forward to a good transfer with some extras.
                  I genuinely enjoy this film. It's one of my all time big guilty pleasures.

Hope they find the uncut footage of that kid being killed by the steamroller.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I forget the time stamp but Joe Bob talks about the infamous deleted scene where the kid gets run over by the steamroller:

For those who don't know, John Bloom is close friends with Stephen King.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DlDHF9vXcAA-sD5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	354795
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nice.

Comment

I'll wait to check out reviews of the transfer, but this one is a no-brainer for me

Comment

Like I said, I just want to see the fabled uncut gore footage.

Comment

Special Features:

Interview with Producer Martha DeLaurentiis
                              Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
                              On-Set Vintage Interviews with Stephen King, Emilio Estevez, and Laura Harrington
                              Behind-The-Scenes Footage
                              Theatrical Trailer
                              TV Spots
                              Still Gallery
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X