• Indicator Releasing William Castle At Columbia Vol. 1

http://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/pro...-volume-one-le

WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME ONE

THE TINGLER (1959)
    13 GHOSTS (1960)
    HOMICIDAL (1961)
    MR SARDONICUS (1961)

Release date: 22 October 2018
    Limited Blu-ray Edition (UK Blu-ray premieres)

Renowned for his imaginative and eccentric marketing ploys, William Castle became synonymous with delivering lurid horror films backed-up by his trademark publicity gimmicks ('Illusion-O', 'Percepto', the 'Punishment Poll', 'Fright Breaks', etc.). WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA, VOLUME ONE features four classic fright films from the outrageous showman's illustrious career with Columbia Pictures and presented on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras - including Jeffrey Schwartz's acclaimed feature-length documentary Spine Tingler! The William Castle Story, newly filmed introductions and appreciations, exclusive new audio commentaries, interviews with actor Pamela Lincoln and publicists Barry Lorie and Richard Kahn, archival featurettes, and much more - this stunning Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set is strictly limited to 6,000 copies.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:

• High Definition remasters of all four films
    • Original mono audio
    • Two presentations of 13 Ghosts: the original 'Illusion-O' presentation and the alternative black-and-white version
    • The Tingler audio commentary by film historian Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons, editor of The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Film and Television
    • Homicidal audio commentary by author and film historian Lee Gambin
    • Mr Sardonicus audio commentary with Daughters of Darkness' Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger
    • Spine-Tingler! The William Castle Story (2007, 82 mins): Jeffrey Schwartz's acclaimed documentary on Castle, featuring interviews with John Landis, Joe Dante, Roger Corman, Stuart Gordon, Leonard Maltin, Budd Boetticher, Bob Burns, David Del Valle, Fred Olen Ray and John Waters among others
    • Larger Than Life: The Making of 'Spine-Tingler' (2007)
    • Kim Newman on 'The Tingler' (2018): an appreciation by the critic and author of Nightmare Movies
    • Scream for Your Lives!: William Castle and 'The Tingler'
    • I Survived 'The Tingler' (2007): an interview with actor Pamela Lincoln
    • Unleashing Percepto (2007): an interview with publicist Barry Lorie
    • Stephen Laws Introduces '13 Ghosts' (2018): an appreciations by the acclaimed horror author
    • The Magic of 'Illusion-O': William Castle and '13 Ghosts'
    • Psychette: William Castle and 'Homicidal'
    • Stephen Laws Introduces 'Homicidal' (2018)
    • The Punishment Poll (2007): an interview with publicist Richard Kahn
    • Taking the Punishment Poll: William Castle and 'Mr Sardonicus'
    • Ballyhoo!: Bob Thomas recalls the time he interviewed William Castle
    • Original theatrical trailers
    • Trailer commentaries with Sam Hamm, Stuart Gordon and Joe Dante
    • Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
    • Limited Edition box set exclusive booklets with new essays by Kat Ellinger, Dan Whitehead, Rebecca Nicole Williams and Jo Botting, archival interview materials, contemporary reviews, and film credits
    • UK premieres on Blu-ray
    • Limited Edition box set of 6,000 numbered copies
    • ...AND MORE!
    • All extras subject to change

#PHILTD094
    BBFC cert: 15
    REGION FREE
    EAN: 5037899071540
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	094_WILLIAM_CASTLE_VOL_ONE_packshot_1000px_transp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	354732
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...-volume-two-le

Renowned for his imaginative and eccentric marketing ploys, William Castle became synonymous with delivering lurid horror films backed-up by his trademark publicity gimmicks ('Illusion-O'; 'Percepto'; the 'Punishment Poll'; 'Fright Breaks', etc.). WILLIAM CASTLE AT COLUMBIA VOLUME TWO features four more weird and wonderful films from the outrageous showman's illustrious career with Columbia Pictures, all presented on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras this stunning Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set from Indicator is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:
      • High Definition remasters of all four films
      • Original mono audio
      • Alternative presentations of The Old Dark House - the black and white 1963 US theatrical presentation (87 mins); the cut-down A-certificate 1966 UK presentation (77 mins); and the complete uncut colour presentation (87 mins)
      • Zotz! audio commentary by Diabolique Magazine's editor-in-chief Kat Ellinger
      • 13 Frightened Girls audio commentary by Daughters of Darkness' Samm Deighan
      • The Old Dark House audio commentary by celebrated horror and fantasy authors Kim Newman and Stephen Jones
      • Strait-Jacket audio commentary film historians Lee Gambin and Emma Westwood
      • Stephen Laws Introduces 'Zotz!' (2018): an appreciation by the acclaimed horror author
      • Kim Newman on Ray Russell (2018): an appreciation of novelist and writer of Zotz! by the critic and author of Nightmare Movies
      • 13 Frightened Girls: William Castle's original 'The Candy Web' opening / closing 'Danger Card' messages
      • 13 Frightened Girls: four alternativee opening sequences created for international release versions
      • Jonathan Rigby on 'The Old Dark House' and 'Strait-Jacket' (2018): new appreciations by the author of American Gothic: Six Decades of Classic Horror Cinema
      • 'The Old Dark House' in Eastmancolor (2018): Paul Frith, Senior Research Associate, School of Art, Media and American Studies at UEA discusses the film's cinematography
      • Joan Had Me Fired! (2018): an interview with actor Anne Helm
      • On the Road with Joan Crawford (2018): an interview with publicist Richard Kahn
      • Battle-Axe: The Making of 'Strait-Jacket' (2007, 15 mins)
      • Joan Crawford Wardrobe Tests (1964, 4 mins)
      • Joan Crawford - Axe Test (1964, 1 min)
      • How to Plan a Movie Murder (1964, 5 mins): star Joan Crawford, director William Castle and author Robert Bloch discuss making Strait-Jacket in this vintage piece
      • Super 8 version of Strait-Jacket
      • Isolated music & effects track on all four films
      • Original theatrical trailers
      • Strait-Jacket trailer commentary with David DeCoteau
      • 13 Frightened Girls original UK trailer introduction
      • Alternative 13 Frightened Girls 'The Candy Web' trailer
      • Promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials
      • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
      • Limited Edition box set exclusive booklets for each film with new essays by Joe Jordan, Racheal Nisbet, James Oliver and John Oliver, archival interview materials, contemporary reviews and film credits
      • World and UK premieres on Blu-ray
      • Limited Edition box set of 6,000 numbered units
      LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I don't know that I want to rebuy these movies again but damn Indicator is making it hard.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They're also releasing Berserk on its own.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/co...cts/berserk-le

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
          • High Definition remaster
          • Original mono audio
          • The BFI interview with Joan Crawford (1956)
          • Audio commentary with film historians Lee Gambin and Eloise Ross
          • Pamela Hutchinson on Joan Crawford (2018)
          • Jonathan Rigby on 'Berserk' (2018): a new appreciation by the author of American Gothic: Six Decades of Classic Horror Cinema
          • Didier Chatelain on Herman Cohen (2018): an interview with producer Cohen's assistant and business partner
          • Tom Baker's Beyond Belief! VHS Introduction (1997)
          • Tom Baker's Beyond Belief! Outtakes (1997)
          • Original theatrical trailer
          • Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
          • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
          • Limited Edition exclusive booklet containing a new essay by Josephine Botting, archival interviews, historic articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses and full film credits
          • UK premiere on Blu-ray
          • Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

What are the chances these set will get broken up into individual releases? I'd like The Old Dark House with Kim Newman and Stephen Jones commentary but the rest of the set doesn't interest me.

Comment

How are Indicator as a company?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                How are Indicator as a company?
                Well, my sample size is rather limited, but based on my experiences with them, I'd rank them right up there with anyone else in terms of quality. I got the Harryhausen Sinbad box set, which initially had a problem with the transfer of one of the films, and they were super friendly and prompt in sending me out a replacement disc (with the fact that I'm in the U.S. not even an issue). I've also gotten the NIGHT OF THE DEMON set, and the William Castle Vol. 1 box, and everything from them is really top-notch, from transfers to content to packaging. I definitely plan to get the Castle Vol. 2 set soon. I also want to get those Hammer box sets, which look really good. If and when I get a tax refund, Indicator/Powerhouse will definitely be getting some of my money!

Comment

Thanks for that!

Comment

Working...
                  X