Evil Dead Getting a 4k UHD Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead Getting a 4k UHD Release

Looks like this is coming in Oct., no real solid details yet aside from this.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ev...y/211492/#News

Admittedly, that's not much, but it's nice to see some classic horror titles getting the UHD treatment.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

hm, the only thing preventing me from buying an UHD-player was the lack of horror classics on this format. with this and halloween coming up (dawn of the dead and tcm already out) I might finally change my mind.

Comment

4K scans on 16mm negs do not excite me.
      UHD does not excite me.

Only a 66GB disc? What gives?
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Looking forward to arguing AR's again.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	211492_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	354749
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like Evil Dead 2 is also getting a UHD release in October.

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my...ts/080218-1100
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And here's the formal press release from Lionsgate:

Available for the First Time on 4K Ultra HDâ„¢ Combo Pack Including Dolby Visionâ„¢

Street Date: 10/9/18
              4K UHD SRP: $22.99

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

Celebrate the original beginning of the cult classic series when The Evil Dead arrives on 4K Ultra HDâ„¢ Combo Pack (plus Blu-rayâ„¢ and Digital) October 9 from Lionsgate. Written and directed by Sam Raimi, and starring Bruce Campbell in the role that made him a cult icon, this film follows five college friends who accidentally release a legion of demons and spirits. Experience four times the resolution of Full HD with 4K, as well as Dolby Visionâ„¢ HDR, to bring to life the stunning cinematography of this supernatural horror film. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Available for the very first time in this absolutely stunning format, The Evil Dead 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS

More than 35 years ago, a low-budget horror movie roared across movie screens and changed the velocity of fear forever — and made a cult legend out of Bruce Campbell in his iconic role as the lethal, wisecracking Ash Williams. Now, for the first time, you can experience the ferocious ingenuity, relentless shocks, and gore-gushing havoc of the original Sam Raimi masterpiece in 4K!

CAST
              Bruce Campbell Army of Darkness, TV's “Ash vs Evil Dead,” “Burn Notice”
              Ellen Sandweiss Evil Dead (2013), TV's “Ash vs Evil Dead”
              Richard DeManincor Crimewave, Morrow Road, Bong Fly
              and Betsy Baker Sharp Objects, Hand of God, Oz the Great and Powerful

SPECIAL FEATURES
              ·Audio Commentary with writer-director Sam Raimi, producer Robert Tapert, and star Bruce Campbell

PROGRAM INFORMATION
              Year of Production: 1981
              Title Copyright: Program Content and Package Artwork:© 1982 Renaissance Pictures, Ltd. Package Design and Summary © 2018 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
              Type: Theatrical Release
              Rating: NR
              Genre: Horror, Comedy, Thriller
              Closed Captioned: NA
              Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
              Feature Running Time: 85 Minutes
              4K Ultra HDâ„¢ Format: Dolby Vision, 2160p Ultra High Definition, 16x9 Widescreen 1.33:1 Presentation
              Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 Widescreen 1.33:1 Presentation
              4K Audio Status: English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
              Blu-ray Audio Status: English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Classic Evil Dead review from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...l-dead-review-

"What is more unsettling is the punishment the film inflicts on its three female characters. They are almost interchangeably passive and underwritten, and they bear a disproportionate brunt of the onslaught. These women are variously raped by vegetation, hacked to pieces, stabbed, bludgeoned, incarcerated, buried and burned - and none of them survive to get justice"

Justice? Please, let's start a hashtag for this outrageous affront to their human rights.

Someone's trying too hard to appease their liberal friends yet still watch this stuff. You can't have your cake and eat it. Twat.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

This self-righteous bullshit has gone too far. He probably expects a teary-eyed apology from Sam Raimi for his crimes against humanity.

I'm so happy I didn't have to grow up in this ridiculous political climate.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

That article above, I didn't read it all, but, just makes me wonder why he even bothered to watch the movie.

YEARS ago, maybe 04 or so, I once made a point to someone who was complaining about women in horror films being killed, etc. I mentioned, why is it OK for men to be killed, but not the women? I never received a good answer to that one. Just, in her mind, men were disposable, and the women weren't.

Speaking of political climate, a week or so ago I watched a few minutes of the Eli Roth horror documentary. Then I heard some guy mention Night of the Living Dead being a good example of, "Social Justice" or some shit. After I heard that, I'd heard enough, and watched something else.

Comment

As a Guardian reading leftie...yeah, it's an exploitation film. You have to accept it on those terms.

Comment

https://bloody-disgusting.com/exclus...non-exclusive/

Never Say Never Again.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I could never see Raimi doing another Evil Dead but it's been 6 years since his last film and that film was Oz The Great And Powerful. Maybe the offers have slowed up enough that he'd go back for more...
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

There could be life in the franchise yet. The tv show was patchy and repetetive, but there were enough great bits in there to make me think they could do something good with a film if they don't have to pad it out into 10 episodes.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              There could be life in the franchise yet. The tv show was patchy and repetetive, but there were enough great bits in there to make me think they could do something good with a film if they don't have to pad it out into 10 episodes.
                              The series leaned WAY too hard into Ash being a moron.

Comment

Working...
                              X