Clear All

• Nicolas Cage Vs. A Cult - Mandy

I'd watch this.

US Release Date: September 2018
    International Release Date: October 2018
    Starring: Nicolas Cage, Andrea Riseborough, Linus Roache
    Directed By: Panos Cosmatos
    Music Composed By: Jí³hann Jí³hannsson

Synopsis: Pacific Northwest. 1983 AD. Outsiders Red Miller and Mandy Bloom lead a loving and peaceful existence. When their pine-scented haven is savagely destroyed by a cult led by the sadistic Jeremiah Sand, Red is catapulted into a phantasmagoric journey filled with bloody vengeance and laced with fire.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

From the director of Beyond the Black Rainbow.

Seeing this on day 1.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Holy shit!

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
        Holy shit!
        !!!

Comment

Got my tickets, seeing this on 9/13, cannot fucking wait!
          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Scott's back! Curious what you think of this once you get to see it.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They went all out for the soundtrack release for this one.

https://thevinylfactory.com/news/joh...ndtrack-vinyl/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mandy_vinyl_beauty_Trans_1080-1024x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	354870

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

10/30/18.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dm6YE7-XgAELLqB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	354893
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Good director interview worth reading here, with lots of Silver Surfer references (the Silver Surfer makes me happy).

https://filmschoolrejects.com/panos-...ndy-interview/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I can't believe this is actually playing at a theater near me starting tomorrow. I'm going for sure.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Just got back from this and have to gather my thoughts. Whoooooo!

You guys are going to love this film.

NO SPOILERS

If you liked BEYOND THE BLACK RAINBOW you will love this film. The pacing is better than BLACK RAINBOW. Panos is getting better, it's tighter overall, especially once it kicks into high gear. It's a great blend of early '80s New Age bullshit, heavy metal, and drugs. The prosthetic f/x are incredible. Whereas BLACK RAINBOW was more of a sci-fi/horror film this is more of an adventure/revenge/horror film. I don't remember laughing much in BLACK RAINBOW but this had me cracking up at a lot of it. In the best way possible.

Saw this at the Alamo in Chandler, AZ. Afterwards there was a half hour Q&A via satellite with Panos Cosmatos, Nic Cage and Linus Roache moderated by Kevin Smith of all people. They all seemed proud to be a part of it. As well they should. Linus Roache, who plays the villain Jeremiah Sand, said he always wanted to be able to act like Nic Cage, that is, he always wanted a part he could immerse himself in and really flex his chops. He definitely matches Nic's intensity that's for sure. Him and Nic are doing some of their best work here, and that's really saying something. All the bit players are great. Bill Duke is a joy to watch. I want to marry this movie.

Comment

Oh dear, I almost forgot.

Three sets of couples left during this film. The first two couples left fairly early into it, SPOILERS (once the Gwar Cenobites shows up on motorcycles they split. I guffawed.) Funny enough two older ladies sat next to me like it was Sunday Matinee, but they stuck through it. At the end one of them said, "Well that was weird." I'm not saying this to imply or hype it's intensity. Yeah it's violent, but we've seen it all before. It's just great to see other people leave, especially at a special screening. Cornballs.

Comment

Stoked for this.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wasn't that interested in seeing this, but am now. Thanks Scott, your enthusiasm is infectious!
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Saw this last night. It's an absolute horror epic. I couldn't believe some of the shit I was seeing. It's visually stunning and the score is awesome. The horror is hardcore and it was made for the fans. The villains are very memorable. I want to see it again already.

My only complaint is that there were obviously a few people in the crowd who were there to watch it ironically, for the Cage performance, and although the movie is sometimes intentionally funny, some people were laughing too much or at inappropriate moments.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X