The Scorpion Releasing/Katarina's Nightmare Theater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
    Yes both were, but Code Red control the BluRay rights for FINAL EXAM, SORORITY ROW is a possibility.

Also, the April BluRay title just got signed. Its a horror anthology film, a bit on the tongue and cheek side, mixed with music, starring a horror icon as the storyteller.

And from a Studio I do a lot of business with
    Creepshow 2?

Comment

• MONSTER CLUB is what comes to mind for me, too. Hmm. Maybe DEADTIME STORIES? Nah, no horror icons in that.
      bgart13
      Last edited by bgart13; 09-06-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Hey Walter, any idea when "Don't Answer The Phone!", "Baby Sister", "American Nightmare" and "Death Ship" will be going up for pre-order on Amazon? Really looking forward to picking those up.

Comment

• We had Diane Franklin come in and do an audio commentary as well as an on camera interview for my up coming SECOND TIME LUCKY DVD. She is a real sweetheart!

darn the image died, let me try again

Scorpion
          Last edited by Scorpion; 09-15-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            We had Diane Franklin come in and do an audio commentary as well as an on camera interview for my up coming SECOND TIME LUCKY DVD. She is a real sweetheart!

Very cool to see that you secured Diane for an interview and commentary. She was apart of so many great films. "Second Time Lucky" seems like a fun time and I look forward to scooping it up. Any release date timeframe on this one? Thanks in advance, Walter!

Comment

• This was posted on the Katarina Nightmare Theater thread on AV Maniacs. Coming in 2013!!

CELIA CHILD OF TERROR

An imaginative and somewhat disturbed young girl fantasizes about evil creatures and other oddities to mask her insecurities while growing up in rural Australia

ED AND HIS DEAD MOTHER

Though it's been a year since her death, Ed (Steve Buscemi) is still pining over his deceased mother (Miriam Margolyes). Enter a firm called Happy People Ltd, which for a hefty fee will bring Ed's mom back to life. He ponies up the money, and miracle of miracles, mother returns. At first all is bliss. But eventually dead old mom begins acting very strangely. Her habit of eating bugs is only the tip of a bizarre iceberg. Can things get any weirder? The supporting cast includes the likes of Ned Beatty and John Glover.

THE MONSTER CLUB

Horror anthology loosely based on the works of horror novelist R. Chetwynd-Hayes. A horror author is invited by a suave vampire (Vincent Price) to accompany him to the title establishment, where he observes the secret social customs of various species of monsters -- which apparently include drinking, dancing, and watching undead strippers remove more than just their clothing. He is also made privy to the mating patterns of these creatures, and three bizarre tales are told over the evening. Also starring Donald Pleasence, Richard Johnson, Simon Ward, Britt Ekland, John Carradine, Anthony Steel and Stuart Whitman. This will be available both BD and SD.

Comment

• Great news on Celia and Monster Club. Ed and His Dead Mother is a weird one for Scorpion, for sure. Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Francis View Post
                  This was posted on the Katarina Nightmare Theater thread on AV Maniacs. Coming in 2013!!

CELIA CHILD OF TERROR

An imaginative and somewhat disturbed young girl fantasizes about evil creatures and other oddities to mask her insecurities while growing up in rural Australia

ED AND HIS DEAD MOTHER

Though it's been a year since her death, Ed (Steve Buscemi) is still pining over his deceased mother (Miriam Margolyes). Enter a firm called Happy People Ltd, which for a hefty fee will bring Ed's mom back to life. He ponies up the money, and miracle of miracles, mother returns. At first all is bliss. But eventually dead old mom begins acting very strangely. Her habit of eating bugs is only the tip of a bizarre iceberg. Can things get any weirder? The supporting cast includes the likes of Ned Beatty and John Glover.

THE MONSTER CLUB

Horror anthology loosely based on the works of horror novelist R. Chetwynd-Hayes. A horror author is invited by a suave vampire (Vincent Price) to accompany him to the title establishment, where he observes the secret social customs of various species of monsters -- which apparently include drinking, dancing, and watching undead strippers remove more than just their clothing. He is also made privy to the mating patterns of these creatures, and three bizarre tales are told over the evening. Also starring Donald Pleasence, Richard Johnson, Simon Ward, Britt Ekland, John Carradine, Anthony Steel and Stuart Whitman. This will be available both BD and SD.

I love Ed and his dead Mother. I hope they port over all teh extras from the old DVD release.

Comment

• Surprised nothing was posted on rockshockpop about the Titan Video vs. Code Red fight over The Mutilator. That's all anyone is talking about slasher DVD-wise. It's crazy! Haha

Comment

• Details?
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• TITAN VIDEO Facebook Page thread: CLICK HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Boy View Post
                          Surprised nothing was posted on rockshockpop about the Titan Video vs. Code Red fight over The Mutilator.
                          Because there is nothing to talk about and you know why. Just some guy who did an announcement for a title without doing a real research (a friend of him told him that it was up for grab), but the problem is that Bill always own the film for three more years by contract. Not a big deal as usual some people trash Code Red for no reasons and the guy threatens to commit suicide over that (but I guess in the end he will cut himself while listening My Chemical Romance...).

I just can't understand how some people are that naive... there are no materials available for this film except a 1-inch tape master and people think that would look good on Blu-Ray! Please give me break

P.S : Why this is in the Scorpion thread

Comment

• I had seen that Titan video was bringing Mutilator to Blu and DVD. And figured that meant Code Red had lost the rights. Watch this end up being like the crap with Popcorn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                              Watch this end up being like the crap with Popcorn.
                              Of course it will... Notice how you don't hear anything from that Kristy What's her name anymore, they never had the rights of that movie but were badly advised by a producer of extra materials I won't name in the first place (guess he got some money creating those impossible to use extras...). That group went as far as calling Elite Entertainment a bootleging outfit... that sure doesn't help to take someone seriously.

But to go back on the Scorpions topic : I just watch my DVD of Savage Streets yesterday and you sure did a good job on this one. I'm glad that I've wait and didn't order the Arrow release, probably your best release to this day (after The Girl in Blue that I love but I doubt it's a good sellers).

Comment

• Probably not, but it cost nothing to ask as I can't find any informations (I don't even find it on your website). Will the Baby Sister DVD come with some extras? I pre-ordered it anyway (as Death Ship and American Nightmare that come the same day) so it won't change anything for me... I'm just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X