No announcement yet.

The Scorpion Releasing/Katarina's Nightmare Theater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have the Elite Incubus disc either, so I'm looking forward to that disc. And I'll second Eric's enthusiasm for The Fantasist.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• What does Scorpion think about releasing the slasher classic House of Death / Death Screams from 1982?
      I heard somewhere that Worth Keeter (?) might own the rights to this film. That'd be awesome to see! Ramona! <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        Guys:

Some misconceptions are running around so I need to correct some stuff.

As I mentioned in the interview, the DEATHSHIP SD will not have a Katarina banner. I noticed some were debating if they should buy the SD along with the Blu-Ray to collect the banner version - well, there is no need to do that as her banner and any of her pics will not be on DEATHSHIP's SD sleeve. As I said in the interview, I like the film well enough that I didn't think it needed a gimmick like her to sell the title. Her segments are still on both the SD and the Blu-Ray, though, FYI.
        Hey Walter, based on your comments, both the DVD and Blu-ray versions of "Deathship" will not feature the Katarina's Nightmare Theater banner on their sleeves but Katarina still filmed segments for the disc. On the segments, does she introduce the film as being part of Katarina's Nightmare Theater though? I know this seems nit-picky but I just want to fully understand if she's filmed segments that are Nightmare Theater connected or not. You're doing an incredible job on your releases and I've bought each one of them, keep up the great work, Walter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike K View Post
          Hey Walter, based on your comments, both the DVD and Blu-ray versions of "Deathship" will not feature the Katarina's Nightmare Theater banner on their sleeves but Katarina still filmed segments for the disc. On the segments, does she introduce the film as being part of Katarina's Nightmare Theater though? I know this seems nit-picky but I just want to fully understand if she's filmed segments that are Nightmare Theater connected or not. You're doing an incredible job on your releases and I've bought each one of them, keep up the great work, Walter!
          Yes, she still does the intro like it is part of the line, and you can play the film with or without her segment, but after we filmed it, and edited it, I felt this film did not need her presence, but of course, it is more of my opinion then anything, so it is just like all previous discs of hers, minus her banner. Here was the original art with banner before I changed my mind.

Comment

• I haven't seen this one, but this screams blind buy from me for sure.

Comment

• Walter,are you able to confirm if the blu ray will be region locked or not?or is it too early to say.I can more or less promise that i will buy every blu you release as long as they arent region locked. I know everyone keeps saying buy a multi region player but i cant justify the cost while my sony is still working and only a year and a half old

Comment

Yes, she still does the intro like it is part of the line, and you can play the film with or without her segment, but after we filmed it, and edited it, I felt this film did not need her presence, but of course, it is more of my opinion then anything, so it is just like all previous discs of hers, minus her banner. Here was the original art with banner before I changed my mind.

Thanks a lot for responding, Walter. I'll be picking up both versions to show my support to your great label. Keep up the great work. Also, you mentioned that "The Fantasist" is due for November 23, 2012 but that's a Friday. Is that still the correct date? Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by george n View Post
                  Walter,are you able to confirm if the blu ray will be region locked or not?or is it too early to say.I can more or less promise that i will buy every blu you release as long as they arent region locked. I know everyone keeps saying buy a multi region player but i cant justify the cost while my sony is still working and only a year and a half old
                  Depends on the license agreement

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                    Thanks a lot for responding, Walter. I'll be picking up both versions to show my support to your great label. Keep up the great work. Also, you mentioned that "The Fantasist" is due for November 23, 2012 but that's a Friday. Is that still the correct date? Thanks again!
                    You are correct, looked at my sell sheet, and it is actually November 20 street date.

Comment

• BTW, how does some feel about the Katarina banner on the DEATHSHIP sleeve being removed? Should I have kept it? You are more than free to ask on other boards if you wish, but I am now curious if I made the right decision. (as it is now, the reverse will have alternate art work of DEATHSHIP from other countries, similar to my PUPPET ON A CHAIN sleeve)

Comment

• I think it should be a Katarina release, since she's part of the disc. The banner doesn't bother me at all - I've never switched the covers around for any of your dvds. I've become used to her and Maria @ CR, and even get a kick out of what they're doing. My initial thoughts were along the lines of doubts as to why they were being hired to host, but it never bothered me really. Like I said, I'm used to it now and don't mind their presences.

Comment

• Banner, no banner.....makes no difference to me. The covers were always reversible so everyone should've been happy.

Would like to point out how glad I am about Audio Interviews being included on releases such as DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE and KILL & KILL AGAIN. Oftentimes, this is logistically the only way they can be done, as it's not feasible flying all over the globe.

What does everyone else think about the inclusion of audio-only tracks?
                          Matthew David
                          Last edited by Matthew David; 08-24-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

BTW, how does some feel about the Katarina banner on the DEATHSHIP sleeve being removed? Should I have kept it? You are more than free to ask on other boards if you wish, but I am now curious if I made the right decision. (as it is now, the reverse will have alternate art work of DEATHSHIP from other countries, similar to my PUPPET ON A CHAIN sleeve)
                            Walter, I certainly respect your choice of not using the Katarina banner since you feel the film is strong enough on its own but truthfully I'd prefer to have the Katarina banner on the releases since you're already going to the trouble of having the filmed segments on the disc. Not including them at this point just makes "Deathship" unofficially part of the Nightmare line. I think most fans have grown attached to the Katarina banner and those that don't care for it have always had the fortunate privilege of switching the cover to see just the 1-sheet poster. I'll be picking up both the DVD and the Blu-ray versions but I would definitely include the Katarina banner. Thanks for asking for our advice, Walter!

Comment

• I feel that Death Ship is no more a film that deserves a non-banner release than many other greats you've sent out, like HOSR, Humongous, Mortuary or DE. They're all great. After seeing how you always do reversible covers for these, it's a bit of an odd duck as to why it wasn't included, but not upset either way. Still buying.

Comment

• Katarina's Nightmare Theater

With the reversible covers it's a moot point to me as well. I will say this though - I'm generally not a fan of these horror hosts BUT I do like Katrina. She's good on camera, seems well prepared and fun to watch.

I'm all for audio bonus interviews as well. The people involved with these vintage films aren't getting any younger and it is important to preserve and create as much archival material as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X