The Scorpion Releasing/Katarina's Nightmare Theater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Body Boy View Post
    Also, THE POWER!? That's flippin' awesome! I thought Synapse was going to release it considering they have DORM and KINDRED (I think). It's an awesome poster, and the film from the trailer looks sweet! I'll wait for this DVD then.
    Awesome indeed. The film is kind of a mess--probably the least of those three early Obrow/Carpenter films. But the Christopher Young score is great, and you can play Spot-the-Actors-From-DORM. (I think there are four.) That team always did a lot of re-shoots and fiddling, and it really show with this one. I would love a breakdown of what it started out as vs. how it turned out. It almost reminds me of Al Adamson's NURSE SHERI in terms of its scatter-shot approach and copious dead ends.

I just hope he wasn't talking about the 1968 THE POWER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
      you can play Spot-the-Actors-From-DORM.
      We can play it with almost all the movie directors, they sure have their group of actors who appear in many "where I've seen that guy" small role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
        I just hope he wasn't talking about the 1968 THE POWER.
        Nope, you mean the George Pal film? it's out on Warner Archieves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
          We can play it with almost all the movie directors, they sure have their group of actors who appear in many "where I've seen that guy" small role.
          Agreed; I often quite enjoy this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            Nope, you mean the George Pal film? it's out on Warner Archieves.
            Thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
              Walter, is Bert I. Gordon's NECROMANCY (aka THE WITCHING) a possibility? It was distributed by Cinerama when released in the US, perhaps they still have the rights? Would be nice to see it, either from Scorpion or Code Red! :)
              Just in case this got missed before...

Comment

• DVDaf (I know, I know, not credible) just released other artwork of American Nightmare on their site, with "co-hits" Thrill Kill and Mark of Cain... I hope that this is false. I'd hate to have bought that double feature when it would have wound up on AN's disc. AN deserves a stand alone one anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Boy View Post
                  DVDaf (I know, I know, not credible) just released other artwork of American Nightmare on their site, with "co-hits" Thrill Kill and Mark of Cain... I hope that this is false. I'd hate to have bought that double feature when it would have wound up on AN's disc. AN deserves a stand alone one anyways.
                  Nope, not sure how this art ever came about.

Comment

• Walter, have you ever looked into releasing LADY STAY DEAD? It's an excellent film and it's never even had a North American release. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239548/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ls.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	339156
                    Eric Anderson
                    Last edited by Eric Anderson; 07-28-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Anderson View Post
                      Walter, have you ever looked into releasing LADY STAY DEAD? It's an excellent film and it's never even had a North American release. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239548/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3608[/ATTACH]
                      If that film was released by Intervision back in the day then I'm going to assume that Intervision/Severin Films have it in their possession today. Maybe we'll see them release that in the future? The film certainly looks interesting. I'd buy it.

Comment

• LSD was alright. I felt it was a bit ridiculous and certainly not one of my faves, but it definitely is a cool little flick. I'd pick it up.

Oh, and I remember BCI was going to release Massacre At Central High when they acquired Final Exam as well. I wonder if this is in the cards. Would love to see it on the Katarina line. My 15 year old self loved watching it on Canadian television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                          If that film was released by Intervision back in the day then I'm going to assume that Intervision/Severin Films have it in their possession today. Maybe we'll see them release that in the future? The film certainly looks interesting. I'd buy it.
                          The two Intervision's have nothing to do with each other. The Intervision that released this on vhs was a UK company.

Comment

• I wonder what the titles to be announced are. I'm dying to know.

Comment

• Walter, I just learned of a really bizarre movie I'd like to see on DVD. It's called, KAMILLIONS (1990). Wondering if it might interest you. Apparently, though, from this review here there's a 120 minute cut of the movie somewhere in existance. Plot sounds like some kind of Lovecraftian comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Anderson View Post
                                The two Intervision's have nothing to do with each other. The Intervision that released this on vhs was a UK company.
                                Oh thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X