The Scorpion Releasing/Katarina's Nightmare Theater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
    Sex + Comedy when it comes to the Brits is usually a deadly dull combination.
    Personally I like three of the four Confessions of... films, so at least british sex comedy can please me sometimes.

Comment

• Which CONFESSIONS didn't make the cut?

Comment

• Confession of a Driving Instructor, too much slapsticks comedy for my taste (too bad as there are some nice lady in this one).

Comment

• I almost picked up this box set for Confessions of a Window Cleaner. After seeing Linda Hayden in The Blood on Satan's Claw (1971) I was wanting to see more. I'm still tempted to pick it up.

Comment

• She's also in CONFESSIONS OF A SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
              I'm still tempted to pick it up.
              Believe me even if one film isn't that great the set is a worthy purchase. Also Linda Hayden is in two of the movies, but for me the french accent she use in the last one is kind of annoying as it is worst than a real one who is already annoying.

Comment

• Yeah, that facebook page. Even though they made me an "administrator", there is still the guy who created the page who posts these "exclusives" after I post it here or there (not really exclusive, is it?), and my posts either get deleted or consolidated. I've always been a "hands on" person, and I am just not getting that there with another person running the page. Especially when someone like Shawn Francis, for example, asks a question, and the other guy answers it saying he doesn't know, then I answer it later, but since we both share the same name of Scorpion Releasing, I sound like a schizo! Should I abandon that page? Post more exclusives here and have some of you post on various other places to make the news "non" exclusive? Or figure out a way to boot the guy out as the other administrator (even though I do appriciate him creating the page and all)?

thoughts?

Comment

• Talk with the guy about the fact you can be the only one posting as your company representative (wich make sense) and can use the Scorpion Releasing name (so he will have to use something else for himself). If that doesn't work you can always create your own page under "The Real Scorpion Releasing" name and propagate the fact that it is the only official page for the company.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with Jimmy, create a new one and get people to like it, You can advertise alot of places and you will have the same amount of people the other page has soon enough. Most people are nice enough to let these pages go, sometimes.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice, suprised Ian hasn't given me his thoughts. Anyway, I had to delete and re-write some recent stuff he posted, I will send this fellow a email, explaining what I am going to do (remove him) and see what he says.

Comment

• Sorry Walt, I was travelling last week and had limited web access. Jimmy's advice is sound - I'd say create a seperate page and name it something like 'Scorpion Releasing (Official)' to differeniate it from the fan page. Take control of that one yourself and update it often enough and the word will spread quickly. It's a powerful and easy way to market your stuff and costs you nothing but time so I'd say you're crazy not to take advantage of it. Other labels have a huge facebook presence, no reason yours can't as well.

Option #2, and you may not want to go this route but it's your call, is to contact someone at Facebook support (which can be a pain in the ass) and let them know that someone is misrepresenting your company on their site and that you'd like to put a stop to that. But again, as you say, you may not want to seem ungrateful so this might not be the best course of action but it is at least an option.

And of course, posting updates here is a great idea ;)
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Ok, well I will remove him as a admistrator, and give him another position, and send him a PM explaining why I did what I did, and if he gets defensive, will just create a new one.

So, here is a news/warning thingy, a heads up. The SECOND TIME LUCKY master is the same full frame master that was used on the old Platinum disc. Originally, I wanted to release this in widescreen, and was told they had film elements in Los Angeles, so I contacted Diane Franklin and got her interested in participating. But five days before she was to record her very first audio commentary for a DVD (this was way before TERRORVISION), I was informed that all they had was a set of Mag soundtracks with no picture. I could have cancelled the release, but due to Diane's involvement, I didn't want to disappoint her, so I went ahead with everything hoping I could locate a 35mm element within reasonable time. Unfortunately, I couldn't. So despite it being the old pan and scan master, it does have her on camera interview, as well as her very first commentary, and the MSRP is really low (12.95). Hopefully, fans of her will still enjoy it, as Diane had a blast participating on it regardless of the master.

Comment

• Don't worry about that Walter, the extras on the disc more than compensates for the non 35mm presentation. Of course I'm not known as a complainer and I prefer to have a less than stellar presentation than nothing at all (anyway the price is a discount compare to what I've paid for all my movies in the VHS days and I was happy than).

Comment

• My thinking on releases like this is that as long as you're being upfront about the elements you have to work with and doing what you can to make up for inferior elements with quality extras to set the release apart from what's come before, that it'll be a disc worth getting. The more than fair MSRP helps with that as well.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Cover art for Body Melt, coming 4/30/13.

Click image for larger version

Name:	body-melt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	342363
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X