The Scorpion Releasing/Katarina's Nightmare Theater Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Anderson View Post
    All great suggestions, Body Boy! You should post in the suggestion thread for Code Red over at Latarnia as well. I'm pretty much the only hardcore slasher fan on that board. It seems like 9 times out of ten they suggest anything but horror. :p
    I did like 5 years ago, but from an outsider looking in, I thought that Scorpion would be more fit to ask considering the wider range of acclaimed films released by them in the past year.

Comment

• Walter, is Bert I. Gordon's NECROMANCY (aka THE WITCHING) a possibility? It was distributed by Cinerama when released in the US, perhaps they still have the rights? Would be nice to see it, either from Scorpion or Code Red! :)

Comment

• Pre-order links is up for Savage Streets.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Diabolik is now shipping The Hearse/Dracula's Castle double feature and The Day After Halloween.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Walter was cool enough to let me interview him and he spills some pretty great news about Scorpion in this super rad exclusive R!S!P! interview!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Read the interview and as a standard DVD owner I need to ask, Walter, is DEATH SHIP coming out on DVD, too, or JUST blu-ray? A little dismayed that some of these might be limited runs.
              Shawn Francis
              Last edited by Shawn Francis; 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Oh, hell! HUMAN EXPERIMENTS on Blu-ray!?! Blind-buy boner rising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Francis View Post
                  Read the interview and as a standard DVD owner I need to ask if DEATH SHIP is coming out on DVD, too, or JUST blu-ray? A little dismayed that some of these might be limited runs.
                  DEATHSHIP will be available both BD and DVD, as for limited run BD's, if and when I do them, it will be similar to Twilight Time, perhaps 1500 to 2000 run, not 500.

Comment

• Right now I'm more concerned with if the blues get standard DVD counterparts. Does that also apply to GRIZZLY and DAY OF THE ANIMALS?

Comment

• Are you really embracing streaming, Walter? Streaming is just not my cup of tea, and if I had my way, would not exist at all. Other than those concerns, great interview and keep up the good work. Wow, THE POWER?! Nice! Oh, and thanks on getting a commentary on THE BOOGENS; one of my favorite flicks.

Comment

• Ian, excellent interview man!

Elated to read that Scorpion is going Blu. Makes total sense to go the Limited Edition route. I know many don't like the LE notion due to costs, selling out too quickly, etc but Walter's gotta do what he's gotta do to keep his company afloat, and I'll gladly shell out extra $ knowing it'll go towards future releases. Even the interview it's clear that Walter is a fan himself and is extending that love to these releases. No doubt takes a lot of time, money & dedication and I respect that 100%, so cheers Walter!

Truly hopes this works out for you and you break even, I'll be supporting you with my wallet for sure!
                        Justin Edwards
                        Last edited by Justin Edwards; 07-19-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Missed reading that part of the interview where Walter states he likes releasing the movies on BOTH formats: DVD and blu-ray. So, I'm cool now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
                            God that would be great if Angels' Brigade was the other.
                            To quote myself from one week ago

Thanks Walter for confirming you will release it :up:

I want to see this film in it's right order and not the weird TV edit for so long. This movie isn't as bad as many believe it is.

Comment

• I can't wait to hear what the titles Walter needs to sign for are. Very intrigued.

Also, THE POWER!? That's flippin' awesome! I thought Synapse was going to release it considering they have DORM and KINDRED (I think). It's an awesome poster, and the film from the trailer looks sweet! I'll wait for this DVD then.

Human Experiments and Death Ship on Blu-Ray is pretty crazy. Impressive.

Unsure if these are the titles to be announced "in two weeks" since it's about a week premature, but either way, totally on board!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                Walter was cool enough to let me interview him and he spills some pretty great news about Scorpion in this super rad exclusive R!S!P! interview!

Comprehensive interview, well done!

Comment

Working...
                                X