Dead & Buried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead & Buried

Looks like Blue Underground is working on reissuing this on Blu-ray with a new 4k scan and some new extras.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2156
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh, I saw that a few days ago then completely forgot about it! It's definitely great news as I really, really like the movie and the dvd does not look good. I'm not sure I've read why it doesn't look good...? Anyone know?

It's funny that BU did a limited ed. pf D&B of like 10,000 or something (maybe more?) & now a limited edition of a bd of an Argento film that is quite well-known is 6,000.

Comment

Classic little horror film.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Not sure I want to double dip on the blu ray.
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Gary Sherman posted that BU has a lead on the OCN.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That first post gives the impression that they already had the OCN. Sure hope it gets released next year!

Comment

Looks like it is back on track
              So pretty much EVERYBODY knew "Welcome to Potters Bluff" was from DEAD & BURIED. We're happy to report our 4K restoration is now well underway and, if all goes smoothly, this should be our first 4K UHD release of 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                Looks like it is back on track
                Smashing news.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

The original Blue Underground DVD was one of the first region 1 dvds I bought from amazon america back in the day. I still have it. I'll probably skip out on the blu.
                  "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I've loved this film since way back when it played in the theater. Even had the novel as well. I would upgrade for certain.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

For some reason I ignored this one for years and finally watched it last year. It's a fantastic and atmospheric little film. I've been watching a few Gary Sherman films recently, a very underrated director (when budgets and circumstances permitted).
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Yes, finally. This is the one I've been waiting for. And I'm not waiting for an eventual UHD double dip. If a Blu-ray is what comes out first, it'll be the only version I need.

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                          The original Blue Underground DVD was one of the first region 1 dvds I bought from amazon america back in the day. I still have it. I'll probably skip out on the blu.
                          I just watched it again a couple of weeks ago and it has a really good transfer, particularly for a DVD produced 17 years ago.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Trench View Post
                            Yes, finally. This is the one I've been waiting for. And I'm not waiting for an eventual UHD double dip. If a Blu-ray is what comes out first, it'll be the only version I need.
                            BU's facebook post I quoted mentioned it'll be a UHD in 2021.

Comment

BU update on Dead & Buried
                              “DEAD & BURIED has turned out to be one of our most challenging projects, but we're on track for release next year in time for its 40th Anniversary! If you're a fan, you'll want to head over to our website and subscribe to our newsletter. You'll be the first to hear about the stunning EXCLUSIVE release we have planned, along with exciting news on all our upcoming releases! www.blue-underground.com”

- Blue Underground

Comment

Working...
                              X