Don't Go Near the Park [1979]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Go Near the Park [1979]

Sure, this one is inept, but that's a huge reason as to why it's so charming. You got Robert Gribbin from The Love Butcher, a fresh-faced Linnea Quigley (before breast augmentation), a drunken Aldo Ray, and Tammy Taylor from Malibu High (who was 21 when the film was shot, but looks more like 15). Throwing up a prayer that its one of the old Dark Sky Films discs that gets rescued and released next year. The perfect balance of sleaze and weirdness, plus all those shots of Southern California are what makes this so much fun.

Also it has one of the best exploding van sequences ever committed to celluloid.

Count me as another who would love to see this hit Blu-ray. Since Severin seem to have picked up a lot of the titles that Dark Sky put out, maybe they've got it in the works?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This would be bad-ass. It bummed me out to see all those gore and nudity bits presented as low-res deleted scenes. I'd like to see them back in the movie, even in garbage quality via seamless branching. This movie is a hoot, and Gribbin is god. See TEEN LUST and HICH HIKE TO HELL if you have any doubts.

Comment

It has a weird concept but I never liked this one.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Also, with the director's film YOUNG WARRIORS supposedly coming from Severin, what better time to release this and THE GREAT SKYCOPTER RESCUE?

Comment

From your lips to God's ears.

Comment

Severin have it -- I'm showing I wrote it up way back in August 2016!

In addition to a Blu for the never-before-seen uncut version of YOUNG WARRIORS (1983), Severin Films soft-confirmed they're also working on a special edition of Lawrence D. Foldes' earlier wackadoo Video Nasty, DON'T GO NEAR THE PARK (1979). Cursed cannibalistic cave-people end up in modern-day Los Angeles, and *then* things get weird. Yet another bizarro film I can't believe we're getting in HD -- and I can't wait. More details at a later date.

Comment

So now Severin is saying Young Warriors is “unlikely?”

What in the fuck?

Comment

You've seen some new confirmation, Marshall? There was some muttering about this back in 2018:

I think we can forget about YOUNG WARRIORS, at this stage. Severin has been sitting on their completed 2K master for a couple of years now and there has been absolutely no word about the release (apart from a mock-up of the cover appearing in the background of an ad over a year ago). Something must have happened between director/rights owner Foldes and the folks at Severin. Too bad, because I saw their 2K in the theater and it was gorgeous. What a waste.
                  https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...7#post15043677

YOUNG WARRIORS BD would be a buy for me.

Comment

Oh, found it. Great, now I have to get bad news in podcast form. 2021, man.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=18692758#post18692758

Comment

Right??

Comment

Working...
                      X