Funeral Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeral Home

So it looks like this is coming out on a Mill Creek budget multi-pack in Feb. according to this Amazon listing.

I'm going to expect a fullframe tape sourced transfer but would like to be proven wrong.

I think this marks the DVD debut for the movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083976/

Click image for larger version

Name:	81fEnytAPoL._SY550_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	368121

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I didn't like this one.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Never heard of it. But that pack has 3 films I don't already own plus odds are good I will find it for $5. So gonna end up getting this.

Comment

It came out years ago on this: https://www.amazon.com/Chilling-Clas...lling+classics. And yes, it was tape-sourced full-frame crap. Oddly, the cover art here is different than the one I own.

Comment

Huh. I missed that one.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            Huh. I missed that one.
            Highly understandable. I didn't know STINGRAY was in a multipack until I requested it in a Code Red thread and Bill pointed out that it was already released.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              So it looks like this is coming out on a Mill Creek budget multi-pack in Feb. according to this Amazon listing
              This is a clusterfuck of a release!

There's Sony titles (which they presumably have legitimately seeing, per their previous Sony releases), plus Crown stuff (including one we have a license on), Driller Killer, which is exclusively with Arrow, Silent Night Deadly Night, which is with Shout, Don't Open Till Christmas which is with Mondo Macabro still, I believe, and then Funeral Home and Bloody Pit of Horror???

Comment

Mill Creek had the rights to a number of Crown titles a few years ago, think it was sub-licenced from Shout when they had them. I guess Mill Creek is like some distributors that a certain other label likes to deal with. Once they have the film, they own it for life despite what the contract says.

Comment

I really wish these sets were available in Canada.

Comment

The much undervalued genre director, William Fruet has an enviable C.V of magnificently entertaining midnight movies, Spasms, Death Weekend, Baker County U.S.A., and his off-beat rustic 80s shocker 'Funeral Home' is well worth digging up! As fear-master Fruet ominously orchestrates a particularly fine, slow-burning, shadow-steeped, skin-prickingly creepy Gothic horror, successfully utilizing that ubiquitous, age-old terror trope of 'There's something in the cellar!!!!.

A surprisingly entertaining, low budget fright flick that makes especially good use of its primary location, the inhospitable, historically grim, drearily dilapidated, effortlessly spooky guest house that once functioned as the local funeral home/mortuary. Needless to say, one luridly lingering, deliciously deranged occupant morbidly labours under the macabre impression that absolutely nothing has changed! More 'Psycho' than 'Motel Hell', since it suggestively focuses on evoking unsettling, atmospheric chills rather than gory splatter! That being said, the bravura ending is monumentally macabre, guaranteed to put a terror-tingle into the most resolute spine! Maestro William Fruet's fabulously fear-flocked 'Funeral Home' remains one of the more credible examples of early 80s US indie horror, and its stridently shuddersome qualities remain appealingly undimmed! Would make a great double-kill with 'The Unseen' (1980)

''Funeral Home'...Not an auspicious place to visit...but a perfect place to die...as the mortician is always IN-sane!!!! - Weirdlingwolf / Dirty Kunst Video.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_31900.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	394296

Ian Jane
                    Administrator
                    Last edited by Ian Jane; 06-01-2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Once again, PLEASE use the search function before starting new posts. Also, I've edited the images as they were in there twice.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Comparing this movie with Psycho gives away almost the entire plot. Sorry. I actually like William Fruet, one of Canada's best directors who has made some nice horror films and TV series. He directed one of my favorite episodes of Poltergeist: The Legacy and several episodes of Goosebumps! I don't think this is an indie film from the U.S., Mr. Weirdlingwolf, but rather a Canadian film.

Comment

I'm a fan of Fruet so I hope this gets a decent release one day.

Comment

Fruet box please, or at least a good release for this and DEATH WEEKEND. Didn't even realize he directed 10 episodes of Fiday the 13th: The Series. That fun little show needs an upgrade as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X