Vincent Price.... And you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Something about Price's performance in House on Haunted Hill captured my imagination and I made it a point to see any film he was in.
    I saw that one at an early age as well and it definitely left an impression on me. He was kinda sinister and sneaky but at the same time very likeable, it made him very interesting to watch.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	425766_454318667957971_1236874342_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	342116
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Happy Birthday Mr. Price!

Name:	579261_10151466106143543_650636153_n.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	343135

Name:	936735_10151466232028543_1984539247_n.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	343136

I stole those from Facebook.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I could go for some unwealthy Wellington right now.

Comment

There's a listing on Amazon.ca for the 1958 version of The Fly coming out on Blu-ray via Fox on 9/10/13. No listing on the US Amazon yet but it's probably only a matter of time.

Wish they'd do all three movies in a boxed set like they did with the DVDs....
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Here's something annoying - there's going to be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive Blu-ray version.

Name:	the-fly-bd-sdcc.jpg
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	343594

"SDCC exclusive package will only be available to those on the Comic-Con floor and also available during the show run on FoxConnect.com for ordering. A very limited number were created, so you'll have to act fast. Additionally, The Fly has never been on Blu-ray before and is slated to be officially released wide on September 10, so this allows fans to buy it in exclusive packaging two months before everyone else (and as a special collectible). "
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And here's the cover art for the UK release.

Name:	EGichPp.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	343595
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The comic-con art looks cool. Not making the trip for a blu-ray ,though.

I'm going to wait on this as well. You know, for the double-feature that they'll release eventually. I like The Fly II about as much as the first one.

Comment

Cover art and specs for the US/Canadian release:

Name:	fly.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	343930

Synopsis:
                    When a scientist (David Hedison) attempts to transfer matter through space, things go horrifically wrong and two grotesque man-fly hybrids are created. Now, with the head of a fly and a wing in place of one of his arms, the scientist desperately hopes that he, his wife (Patricia Owens) and his brother (Vincent Price) can capture the other mutant and reverse the experiment.

Special Features:
                    ● Commentary with Actor David Hedison and Film Historian David Del Valle
                    ● Biography: Vincent Price
                    ● Fly Trap: Catching a Classic
                    ● Fox Movietone News

The Fly Blu-ray
                    Street Date: September 10, 2013
                    Prebook Date: August 14, 2013
                    Screen Format: Widescreen 2.35:1
                    Audio: English 4.0 DTS HD-MA
                    Spanish DD 1.0
                    French DD 1.0
                    Subtitles: English SDH / Spanish
                    Total Run Time: 94 minutes
                    Closed Captioned: Yes
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Update on the Scream set....

"Update on THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION: We had originally intended to include the U.S. version of WITCHFINDER GENERAL known as CONQUEROR WORM, but due to some unforeseen legal issues, we were told we would need to remove a scene from the film. Sine we felt the fans would have been unhappy that a scene was cut from the film, so we decided to drop the U.S. version of the film instead of editing the film. Sorry guys, we tried."
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can someone - calling Paul J Lewis! - detail the differences between the CONQUERER WORM and WITCHFINDER GENERAL versions?

As far as I know it's the opening and closing Poe narration by Price and a different score. I'm mostly wondering if Odeon's UK Blu (which has the opening and closing USA bits as extras) has the main problem covered (I love the score on the UK version - can't imagine the USA one is better).

In other words, how pissed about this should I be?

Comment

Yes, those bits are on the Odeon disc.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                            Can someone - calling Paul J Lewis! - detail the differences between the CONQUERER WORM and WITCHFINDER GENERAL versions?

As far as I know it's the opening and closing Poe narration by Price and a different score. I'm mostly wondering if Odeon's UK Blu (which has the opening and closing USA bits as extras) has the main problem covered (I love the score on the UK version - can't imagine the USA one is better).

In other words, how pissed about this should I be?
                            I thought the main difference between the two was the extra nudity that was filmed for a couple of the tavern scenes for the US release (against MR's wishes). Those scenes are also extras on the Odeon disc IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post

As far as I know it's the opening and closing Poe narration by Price and a different score.
                              There was no different score in the US version! It was just an American VHS release where the original score was replaced by synthesizer music.

I'm not sure if the extra nudity was in the US version, it was in most continental (European) versions and Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                There was no different score in the US version! It was just an American VHS release where the original score was replaced by synthesizer music.

I'm not sure if the extra nudity was in the US version, it was in most continental (European) versions and Japan.
                                Good to know. Looks like the lack of the USA cut is no loss at all then.

Comment

Working...
                                X