• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOOHOO WOOHOO WOOHOO!!!!

Comment

Coming February 2024 from Umbrella.

https://shop.umbrellaent.com.au/coll...oster-artcards

Only available from the Umbrella webstore, the Hitcher Collector's Edition includes:

Classic poster outer rigid slipcase
      Custom art slipcase
      48 pages of behind-the-scenes, experiences and art
      A3 reversible poster
      Limited Edition Numbered release
      While transporting a car from Chicago to San Diego, Jim Halsey (C. Thomas Howell) picks up a hitchhiker named John Ryder (Rutger Hauer), who claims to be a serial killer. After a daring escape, Jim hopes to never see Ryder again. But when he witnesses the hitchhiker murdering an entire family, Jim pursues Ryder with the help of truck-stop waitress Nash (Jennifer Jason Leigh), pitting the rivals against each other in a deadly series of car chases and brutal murders.

Director: Robert Harmon

Cast: C. Thomas Howell; Jeffrey DeMunn; Jennifer Jason Leigh; Rutger Hauer

Extras:
      Only available from the Umbrella webstore, the Hitcher Collector's Edition includes:

Classic poster outer rigid slipcase
      Custom art slipcase
      48 pages of behind-the-scenes, experiences and art
      A3 reversible poster
      Limited Edition Numbered release
      Blonde, Blue Eyes: Rutger Hauer Documentary by Simone de Vries
      Audio Commentary with director Robert Harmon and producer Eric Red
      The Hitcher – How do these Movies get made?
      Scene Specific Audio Commentary
      Trailer
      Teasers

Click image for larger version

Name:	406344126_841529611268285_2649578580305121937_n.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	423872
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is Arrow still releasing THE HITCHER?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
          Is Arrow still releasing THE HITCHER?
          I don't think they ever were, they put out a book about it which got people speculating. Second Sight are releasing it in the UK, I don't know if this will be that restoration or not. Personally I think the German Blu taken from a print is pretty watchable.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

After seeing Ladyhawk, my older cousin had a huge boner for all things Rutger Hauer so I remember seeing this on VHS when I was probably too young. The severed finger in the french fries scene really turned my stomach. I remember avoiding putting any ketchup on my fries for a while after that.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

I don't think they ever were, they put out a book about it which got people speculating. Second Sight are releasing it in the UK, I don't know if this will be that restoration or not. Personally I think the German Blu taken from a print is pretty watchable.
              Watchable is a fair way to put it. The German Blu is not even close to good, but better than the dismal DVD. This is a film I'd love to see us get something like what Arrow did for True Romance or Vinegar Syndrome's Roadhouse.

Comment

From the Second Sight FB page:

THE HITCHER update!
                Restoration is 99% complete, just doing some final checks. Release date still TBC as a 3rd party also needs to QC and also need to coordinate release date with them. Hoping for more detailed update next month, until then thanks for continuing to bear with us.

Name:	418867823_716331443808525_1441952502191888988_n.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	426342
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm sure it will be worth it, but I do wonder why some restorations take longer than the damn thing took to shoot, edit and release in the first place.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I can’t wait for a 4K disc of this!

Comment

Second Sight posted on X:

THE HITCHER is coming!
                      Pre-orders go live on Wednesday 10th July at 1pm
                      UK Time!

Comment

Coming on September 30th from Second Sight!

A would-be samaritan picks up a hitchhiker and soon discovers the man is a relentless serial killer. Framed by the cold-blooded murderer for a string of slayings, his only help comes from a caring waitress as they attempt to flee from both the law and the hitcher.

Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
                        A new 4k restoration by Second Sight Films from the OCN supervised and approved by Director Robert Harmon
                        UHD presented in HDR with Dolby Vision
                        Features Dolby Atmos and original stereo audio mixes
                        New commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
                        Commentary with Robert Harmon and Writer Eric Red
                        Scene specific commentary with Robert Harmon, Eric Red, Executive Producer Edward S Feldman, Composer Mark Isham, Director of Photography John Seale and Actors Rutger Hauer and C Thomas Howell
                        The Projection Booth: featuring Robert Harmon and Rutger Hauer
                        Bullseye: new interview with Robert Harmon (41 Minutes)
                        Penning the Ripper: new interview with Eric Red (41 Minutes)
                        Doomed to Live: new interview with C Thomas Howell (28 Minutes)
                        The Man from Oz: new interview with John Seale (10 Minutes)
                        A Very Formative Score: new interview with Mark Isham (15 Minutes)
                        Duel Runner: Leigh Singer on the evolution of The Hitcher and Rutger Hauer (20 Minutes)
                        China Lake: short film by Robert Harmon newly restored (35 Minutes)
                        The Calling Card: Robert Harmon on China Lake (15 Minutes)
                        Telephone: short film by Eric Red (26 Minutes)
                        How do these movies get made? (38 Minutes)
                        Trailers

Rigid slipcase with new art by Adam Stothard
                        200-page hardback book with exclusive Robert Harmon interview by Lou Thomas, exclusive Eric Red interview by Matthew Thrift, new essays by Heather Drain, David Kittredge, Craig Ian Mann, Rebecca McCallum, Meagan Navarro and Jon Towlson, archival Fangoria article and BTS photo gallery
                        Eric Red’s original screenplay book
                        6 collectors' art cards

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/produ...september-30th

Name:	450475056_920847850085644_1488582411139467910_n.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	435527
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                        X