Little Devils: The Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Devils: The Birth

Because you need a horror movie made in Canada starring Russ Tamblyn and the guy who played Skippy in Family Ties.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Littledevils.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	367968

"Happy-go-lucky writer Ed Reid (Marc Price; Trick or Treat) doesn't have much going for him: he's hassled daily by his overly aggressive sex-starved landlady, the girl he's interested in happens to be an exotic dancer, and to pay the bills he writes erotic stories for a sleazy publication. To make matters worse, a strange young scientist in the suite next door, Lionel (Wayne McNamara) is using a mysterious mud to create an army of gargoyles. Soon, the evil sculptures become out of control, taking on a life of their own while stopping at nothing to defend their creator. Determined to stop the mayhem, Ed and his friends set out to destroy the creatures once and for all, with the assistance of the scientist himself, who ultimately holds the key to the origin and destruction of the murderous monsters.

Co-starring Russ Tamblyn (Twin Peaks), Nancy Valen(Baywatch) and Stella Stevens (Chained Heat), and directed by British filmmaker George Pavlou (Rawhead Rex), LITTLE DEVILS: THE BIRTH is a miniature creature feature with a charming mix of horror and comedy, in the tradition of Gremlinsand Ghoulies."

In stock now at Diabolik.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I still have an old Tv recording of this on VHS. It's amazingly shit in the very best way. Definitely gonna buy this if the picture quality is good. It stuck in my mind all these years. I'd love a blu-ray but that's probably not gonna happen.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Picked up the DVD yesterday. This post is a reminder to myself to post some screen caps later.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some screen caps from the DVD.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks for those, Ian. At least now when I pop the disc in I won't be disappointed with the obvious VHS-sourced transfer.

Did you like the movie? Skippy and Dr. Jacoby fighting little creatures has to be somewhat awesome.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I haven't even watched it yet, just did some quick caps while eating a hamburger tonight. But it looks fun!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So I did wind up watching this last night. It's about what you'd expect - pretty dumb, but fun in the way that something like this should be. It's pretty fun seeing Skippy and Dr. Jacoby hanging out watching strippers together and weird enough to work when an aging Stella Stevens as Skippy's landlord tries to get all kinky with him. I don't buy that the hot stripper chick who falls for Skippy would fall for him, but that's fine. Realism isn't a concern here. The monster effects in this are surprisingly awesome and in the last half of the movie pretty plentiful. At an hour and forty minutes it's about 20 minutes too long but I had fun with this and am happy to have a copy. The interview with the writer in the extras is also pretty cool. This was originally to be the pilot episode of a horror anthology series made in London!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Unfairly neglected, George 'Rawhead Rex' Pavlou's animated 90s B-Horror has plentiful Full Moon/Charles Band vibes throughout, and cannily plays it strictly for laughs. This agreeably boisterous Canadian Creepshow stars statuesque, Stella Stevens, Marc 'The Gate' Price, Nancy Valen and, Russ Tamblyn who fearfully find themselves bloodily besieged by a heavily armed mob of dwarfish, death-dealing gargoyles, these rampaging, red-eyed rapscallions inexplicably hell bent on their destruction!

Little Devils is unabashedly silly, and certainly knows it, and, winningly, some of the humour is intentional! I kinda' dug on the sprightly slimy shenanigans, and more forgiving 'Puppet Master'/'Ghoulies' fans just might get a diminutive kick watching the murderous mayhem of these malefically mud-borne Little Devils!! Marc Price and Nancy Valen are genuinely likable homunculus hunting protagonists, and screen veterans, Stevens and Tamblyn appear to be having a blast with all the B-Movie buffoonery! While derivative, and undeniably hokey, Pavlou's gallopingly gloopy schlocker 'aint no dog!!! I'm ardently hoping for a slinky Blu-ray restoration with gratuitously extended landlady scenes!!!!

Attached Files

Comment

Merging this with the existing thread.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X