Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP George A Romero

Sad news http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...716-story.html

I'm lost for words, tbh. I've been a fan of Romero's films since as far back as I care to remember - since I first saw NIGHT... and DAWN... at the tender age of 10/11.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

RIP George A. Romero

RIP George A. Romero

This one fucking hurts.

Comment

This is rough. The story mentions he was married to Suzanne Romero? What happened to his long time wife Christine?
      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Fuck this.

Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
        This is rough. The story mentions he was married to Suzanne Romero? What happened to his long time wife Christine?
        They divorced a long time ago.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

A legend has passed. On the basis of directing the seminal masterpiece Night of the Living Dead alone, he achieved a place in the history of American cinema. Rest in peace.

Comment

As much as I disliked his latest few films, Romero's early works have among them some of the most impactful and thought-provoking scenes I have viewed, and his movies were an important part of my passion for film. His legacy will last, his lesser works forgotten as happens with all the masters.

Comment

major bummer. knew he cancelled his Days of the Dead appearance for health. didn't know he had lung cancer. would like to think that he is directing another good one someplace

thanks, George.

Dawn was the movie that opened so many doors for me

thanks again, George

you're in my Hall of Fame

Comment

No words. We owe him so damn much.

Comment

Yeah, this one does hurt. We met him at a convention a few years back and had him sign a Dawn Of The Dead quad. He took the time to talk to us, a very friendly guy who clearly appreciated his fans. And the impact he had on not just horror cinema but pop culture in general? Pretty much untouchable.

R.I.P.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh man...
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

His 1973-1985 run is right up there with Carpenter's 1976-1988.
                      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

I'd say '88, because MONKEY SHINES is one of his best.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Damn, that's awful news. George A. Romero, not only a talented and influential director, but one hell of a nice guy. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            I'd say '88, because MONKEY SHINES is one of his best.
                            I'd go even further and say '93. The Dark Half is a solid King adaptation with a knockout turn from Tim Hutton.

RIP to an American master. Hopefully with the new Arrow set a film like Season of the Witch will find a new audience.
                            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

I obviously didn't think he was one of the greatest filmmakers ever and his output during the last 20 or so years was pretty poor. But he made some damn good films. I will always defend Day of the Dead as the best of the trilogy. Finding Day of the Dead in a pawn shop at nine-years-old was a helluva find (only $5 per tape at this shop and this is also where I found The Hills Have Eyes).

Creepshow is still one of the best Anthology horror films and one of the most successful comic-stylized films.

RIP.
                              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                              X