X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
      Any news of this getting picked up by a company to distribute on DVD?
      I don't know about a DVD, but it's been picked up by Shudder and being released this summer.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Shudder has released a few of their exclusives on Blu-ray via RLJ Entertainment, so I hope that they do the same here. But I can't lie, it is a little disappointing that The Amusement Park wasn't picked up by a boutique label that would go the extra mile with the psychical media release.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          Shudder has released a few of their exclusives on Blu-ray via RLJ Entertainment, so I hope that they do the same here. But I can't lie, it is a little disappointing that The Amusement Park wasn't picked up by a boutique label that would go the extra mile with the psychical media release.
          Very disappointing.
          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            The 'lost film' The Amusement Park has been acquired and restored in 4k.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...veil-pictures/
            Trailer!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

THE AMUSEMENT PARK debuts today on Shudder.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Saw it last night. Thought it was an interesting curio (as a long-time Romero fan). I'm glad we can see more of what Romero was up to between movies and developing his style. Would make for a good supplement on a release.

Comment

French Blu-ray has been announced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	218235086_1469680170041864_8912078417595866023_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	360299
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nice. Feared it would be streaming only.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

nice, I'm in. maybe second sight can grab this for their upcoming martin 4k release?

Comment

Yeah, hopefully this will see other releases, but at least it's one option.

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                          nice, I'm in. maybe second sight can grab this for their upcoming martin 4k release?
                          Nope, I believe Shudder picked up the rights to all the English speaking territories.

Comment

I watched THE AMUSEMENT PARK last night. Although it was cool to see, it's pretty bad. Subtle as a sledgehammer and unintentionally funny, it seems to suggest that all senior citizens are helpless idiots and that they should never, ever go outside because everyone is an asshole and will treat them like crap. It's hard to believe Romero had already made three features when he got around to this - it's like a clumsy student film.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              I watched THE AMUSEMENT PARK last night. Although it was cool to see, it's pretty bad. Subtle as a sledgehammer and unintentionally funny, it seems to suggest that all senior citizens are helpless idiots and that they should never, ever go outside because everyone is an asshole and will treat them like crap. It's hard to believe Romero had already made three features when he got around to this - it's like a clumsy student film.
                              Romero had a knack for misfires, if we are being honest. He was more miss than hit overall, it's just that his hits were so spectacular that the misses are even more bewildering when we see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Romero had a knack for misfires, if we are being honest. He was more miss than hit overall, it's just that his hits were so spectacular that the misses are even more bewildering when we see them again.
                                I don't know about that. Except for THERE'S ALWAYS VANILLA, I like every one of his films until THE DARK HALF, which was his first misfire IMO. The only other one I don't like is BRUISER.

Comment

Working...
                                X