No announcement yet.

RIP George A Romero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad, it's too bad where he couldn't find the funding to do the films he wanted to do and ended up making more Dead films. I always thought KNIGHTRIDERS and DAWN OF THE DEAD were his best films followed by MARTIN.

Comment

Pretty fucking heartbroken over this loss. Romero ruined me forever, he's all to blame for my taste in horror movies (in addition to my mom starting me on 'em).

Comment

His commentary with Bill Lustig on THE CRAZIES is pretty great and worth checking out if you haven't already.

If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have rented every z-grade horror movie I could get my hands on, and for quite some time. I only shook that off in the past couple years.

I saw him, Savini and Ken Foree talk at a panel for some real small comic show sometime in the late '90s. Sat front row. Room full of maybe 20 people. I take all those times for granted.

Damn, RIP.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I enjoyed his sense of humor.

Comment

Shitty news..... Kinda bummed me out...and I'm already bummed out enough this week.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rock Shock Pop Upload.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	352709

My daughter, Darcy and my son-in-law, Dave with George 3 months ago (April 29, 2017)
              George Barry
              Last edited by George Barry; 07-17-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Sad to hear this. I loved all of his films, including his later ones. And Yes I do agree that Day Of The Dead is the best in the series of zombie films, though I thought all were excellent. I enjoyed the subtext he put in his wonderful cinema R.I.P. Mr Romero
                https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

This documentary is still the best thing Dave Parker has ever done.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

He'll be back...
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I've found it extremely difficult to say anything other that what is bleeding obvious. The guy was a legend, disregarding his last few films. What that guy achieved and the legacy he left to cinema and horror is immense.

Comment

I was amazed by his age, mainly because it reminded me that he was only in his late 20's when he made NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. That and MARTIN are among my 5 favorite horror movies. DAWN OF THE DEAD would be lurking just outside my top 10. And I don't think it would too controversial to make a claim Romero was the most influential horror director of the last 50 years.
                        VHS will never die!

Comment

I have the privilege of going to the service today. Will definitely report back, though how detailed it will be is questionable...obviously, you want to toe the line of respect for the family while recognizing that George probably would've loved a circus of walking dead at the funeral home.

Comment

Looks like Romero will be getting a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Should have happened while he was alive, but it's a nice gesture nevertheless.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/255...source=twitter
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

George Romero bust has a perfect home at Monroeville Mall.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...nroeville-mall
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Beautiful.
                                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                                X