Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween 2018 - Another Halloween Remake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like it's positioned as a sort of HALLOWEEN 2 1/2. All of the other sequels are ignored (sort of like SUPERMAN RETURNS).

That said, I love Jamie Lee and all, but, I have absolutely no desire to plunk down $10 to see it in a theater.

Comment

It also ignores Halloween 2 and all the nonsense with Laurie being his sister.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          It also ignores Halloween 2 and all the nonsense with Laurie being his sister.
          Good. Never cared for the original part 2.

Comment

I'll see this.

Comment

I don't give any fucks about Entertainment Weekly but this cover almost makes me want to buy this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DoDyQWzU8AE-MS8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	354941
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Really enjoyed the new Halloween! Way, WAY better than the Rob Zombie versions!
                Won't give anything away, just wanted to say I thought it was pretty great!

Comment

Btw I loved the original Halloween, Halloween II and Halloween H2O. Didn't really care for any of the others.

Comment

So they're predicting a $75MM US opening weekend for this. When did the franchise become that popular?
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                      So they're predicting a $75MM US opening weekend for this. When did the franchise become that popular?
                      Good word of mouth. Carpenter back, Jamie Lee back, along with great marketing.

No Busta Rhymes so they'll have to overcome that, but I think they'll be ok.
                      Dark Horse 77
                      Last edited by Dark Horse 77; 10-20-2018, 09:28 AM. Reason: .
                      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                        Good word of mouth. Carpenter back, Jamie Lee back, along with great marketing.

No Busta Rhymes, so that'll hurt the box office a bit, but I think they'll be ok.
                        "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

I suspect that John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis mean nothing to the average cinema goer these days, sad as that is. At least by just calling it Halloween they can bypass any prior history. Not that it worked for The Thing prequel.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I thought it was okay. Good soundtrack.

Comment

I thought it was just okay too. Not an abomination, but certainly not strong.

Comment

My quick capsule review: Piece of shit. A generous 3/10.

Comment

Working...
                                X