Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween 2018 - Another Halloween Remake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha.

Comment

I think you guys are too cynical and nit-picky sometimes. I liked this one.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        I think you guys are too cynical and nit-picky sometimes. I liked this one.
        So did I... very much!

"It's hard growing up with a cynical father."

Comment

Comment

Considering the movie come 40 years after it's predecessor and carries the weight of 9 sequels, regardless of writing them out, I thought it was an effective fun film. Not perfect but, ya know what, neither is the original.
            Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by cinemacide View Post
              Considering the movie come 40 years after it's predecessor and carries the weight of 9 sequels, regardless of writing them out, I thought it was an effective fun film. Not perfect but, ya know what, neither is the original.
              I'm going to give this movie a go, today or the day after.

With Halloween, I've seen 1-6, and Zombie's remake. I never got around to H20, Resurrection, or Zombie's sequel. I didn't care for Zombie's remake, so, I didn't bother with his sequel.

I was a bit on the fence about seeing this in the theatre, then, this month, I decided to watch parts 4, 5, and 6 again. The last time I had seen any of these movies, was the 90s. I saw 4 and 5 many times on TV, those sequels used to air a lot, and I am pretty sure sometimes back-to-back. Part 6, I only saw once when it went to rental, and I had only seen it once. This time, I watched the Producer's cut version of part 6.

Yeah, after watching parts 4, 5, and 6 again, I figure, the new one in theatres can't be any worse than the path those sequels took the franchise,

Comment

I saw it, and I think the new Halloween is pretty decent. It seems like it may go down a better direction than 4, 5, and 6 took it.

The first 2/3-3/4 of it was pretty decent, then, I felt some of the stuff at the house was a bit too over-the-top, but, it's a minor complaint. It's a movie. I prefer this to Zombie's take on the series. I never bothered seeing Zombie's sequel, but, if the same group that put this one together makes a sequel, I'll give it a go. I liked it! :up:

Comment

We're going to see it tonight, which is seasonally appropriate.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      We're going to see it tonight, which is seasonally appropriate.
                      That didn't happen but we just saw it this afternoon and... I really liked it. Better than I expected it to be. JLC is great in it and the supporting cast was fine too. Some decent kills and some nice tension. A bit too much in the fan service/nods to earlier movies department but overall it very good. I agree with Dick that some of the tricked out house stuff was a bit much though.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I still love it but my one complaint would be this:

17 seconds in.

This sequence plays out so much better without music. It's much creepier.

Comment

Saw this on the weekend. It was decent, probably about as good as a sequel to HALLOWEEN could be (although I still like Rob Zombie's batshit H2 more). My problem with any sequel to the original HALLOWEEN is that it didn't need one. It's a stupid series.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            Saw this on the weekend. It was decent, probably about as good as a sequel to HALLOWEEN could be (although I still like Rob Zombie's batshit H2 more). My problem with any sequel to the original HALLOWEEN is that it didn't need one. It's a stupid series.
                            Hey! Halloween III is one of the greatest pieces of artistic expression in the history of mankind!

Comment

I do like HALLOWEEN III.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Press release for the 4k/Blu/DVD release.

JAMIE LEE CURTIS RETURNS AS LAURIE STRODE TO SEEK HER REVENGE IN THE INTENSE THRILLER

HALLOWEEN

Click image for larger version

Name:	halloween.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	355168

AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL DECEMBER 28, 2018, 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY AND DVD JANUARY 15, 2019 FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, California, November 20, 2018 - The infamous killer Michael Myers strikes again in Halloween, arriving on Digital and via the digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on December 28, 2018, as well as on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand on January 15, 2019. Hailed by critics as “a near perfect blend of craft, character growth and nostalgia” (Perri Nemiroff, Collider), Halloween takes place four decades after Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis, Halloween Franchise, “Scream Queens”) narrowly escaped the masked Michael Myers' brutal killing spree. Packed with bonus features including chilling deleted and extended scenes as well as special featurettes showing behind the scenes looks at creating the film, Halloween delivers spine-chilling, hair-raising intensity and thrills to both new and repeat viewers.

Forty years after the events of 1978's Halloween, Laurie Strode (Curtis) now lives in a heavily guarded home on the edge of Haddonfield, where she's spent decades preparing for Michael's potential return. After being locked up in an institution, Myers manages to escape when a bus transfer goes terribly wrong, leading to chaos in the same town he preyed on decades earlier. Laurie now faces a terrifying showdown when the deranged killer returns for her and her family - but this time, she's ready for him.

Master of horror John Carpenter (Halloween (1978), The Thing) joins forces with director David Gordon Green (Joe, Pineapple Express) and producers Jason Blum (Blumhouse), Malek Akkad (Trancas International Films) and Bill Block (Miramax) for this follow up to Carpenter's 1978 classic horror film. Halloween also includes a stellar cast including Judy Greer (Ant-Man and The Wasp, Jurassic World), Andi Matichak (“Underground”), Will Patton (Armageddon, The Punisher), and Virginia Gardner (Project Almanac, “Runaways”). Proving “classics never die” (Mara Reinstein, US Weekly), Halloween offers a tricky treat for audiences both old and new. Halloween is the perfect slasher film, lauded as “hands down the best Halloween sequel ever” (Katie Walsh, Nerdist) and “immensely entertaining” (Eric Eisenberg, Cinemablend).

BONUS FEATURES on 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
                                Deleted/Extended Scenes
                                Extended Shooting Range
                                Shower Mask Visit
                                Jog to a Hanging Dog
                                Allyson and Friends at School
                                Cameron and Cops Don't Mix
                                Deluxe Banh Mi Cops
                                Sartain and Hawkins Ride Along
                                Back in Haddonfield: Making Halloween
                                The Original Scream Queen
                                The Sound of Fear
                                Journey of the Mask
                                The Legacy of Halloween

The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayTM, Blu-rayTM and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD disc will include the same bonus features as the Blu-rayTM version, all in stunning 4K resolution.
                                4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
                                Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
                                Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
                                MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.

For artwork, please log onto our website at www.uphepublicity.com

Trailer: http://uni.pictures/HalloweenTrailer
                                Announce Clip: http://uni.pictures/HalloweenBonus
                                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HalloweenMovie
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/halloweenmovie
                                Instagram: https://instagram.com/halloweenmovie/
                                #HalloweenMovie

FILMMAKERS:
                                Cast: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton, Virginia Gardner
                                Casting By: Terri Taylor CSA, Sarah Domeier CSA
                                Music By: John Carpenter, Cody Carpenter, Daniel Davies
                                Costume Designer: Emily Gunshor
                                Editor: Tim Alverson
                                Production Designer: Richard Wright
                                Director of Photography: Michael Simmonds
                                Executive Producers: John Carpenter, Jamie Lee Curtis, Danny McBride, David Gordon Green, Ryan Freimann
                                Produced By: Malek Akkad, Jason Blum, Bill Block
                                Based on Characters Created By: John Carpenter and Debra Hill
                                Written By: Jeff Fradley, Danny McBride, David Gordon Green
                                Directed By: David Gordon Green
                                TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K ULTRA HD:
                                Street Date: January 15, 2019
                                Selection Number: 61199936 (US) / 61199952 (CDN)
                                Layers: BD-66
                                Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
                                Rating: Rated R for horror violence and bloody images, language, brief drug use and nudity.
                                Video: 2160p UHD / HDR 10
                                Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
                                Languages/Sound: English DTS:X and Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French DTS Digital Surround 5.1
                                Run Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
                                TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAYTM:
                                Selection Number: 61199934 (US) / 61199937 (CDN)
                                Layers: BD-50
                                Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
                                Rating: Rated R for horror violence and bloody images, language, brief drug use and nudity.
                                Languages/Sound: English DTS:X and Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French DTS Digital Surround 5.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD:
                                Selection Number: 61199935 (US) / 61199938 (CDN)
                                Layers: DVD 9
                                Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 16:9 2.39:1
                                Languages/Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0, Spanish and French Dolby Digital 5.1

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X