• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on that image here:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...bably-spoiler/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I am kind of more excited about the Thom Yorke soundtrack....but maybe, just maybe....this will be decent.
      Seems like your typical PG-13 family flick :)
      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Really looking forward to this. This year's Blade Runner 2049?

Comment

When this was first announced, my first thought was, "How are they going to do a soundtrack that's as audacious as the original without repeating the original?" And then I read that Thom Yorke was scoring the film. Problem solved, I think.

The still is intriguing, and the remake/reimagining/reboot or whatever you want to call it has a great cast (though the addition of Katie Cassidy couldn't have hurt anything). I actually like Dakota Johnson; she has a very natural "girl next door" vibe, which is exactly what her role needs (at least, based on the original film).

If I have any fears, it's over the color schemes. The director has said that, unlike the original, this film will not be bathed in primary colors; he's instead going for a "winterish, evil, and very dark" look. In other words, desaturated colors, exactly what every horror film these days looks like. Blech.

Comment

Theatrical release set for 11/2/18 via Amazon Studios.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Trailer coming next week? Looks like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	354492
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks good.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I'll check this out.

Comment

For all my grousing about this from way back I have to say that I'm now being swayed by the fact that there didn't appear to be a single shot in that trailer that aped anything from the original film, which is a very good thing in my book. I'm actually intrigued to see what they did here and will gladly eat crow if need be.
                      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

That looks a little better than I would expect. Kind of like the 'vintage' look & that it's not super colorful, which, I sort of did expect. I do think they should have come up with their own title & allow viewers to connect it to the original.

Comment

I'm just waiting for more hot Twitter takes from Asia. Her previous thoughts on the matter were pretty hilarious.
                          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Luca Guadagnino is one of the best Directors in the world right now, even if his movies haven't had broad commercial success. He also has professed enourmous respect to Argento and the original film.

Of course, that doesn't mean he will deliver a great movie with his remake, but, hopefully some of outrage in some quarters about the 'gall' of this guy re-making a classic will settle down. I doubt many who are screaming the loudest have even seen his prior work.

The remake (or re-imagining or homage or whatever you want to term it) is in good hands. Very good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Keeth View Post
                              That looks a little better than I would expect. Kind of like the 'vintage' look & that it's not super colorful, which, I sort of did expect. I do think they should have come up with their own title & allow viewers to connect it to the original.
                              We had this exact conversation in the Jane household last night. It looks like a good movie and all, I am excited about it, but I think had they acknowledged the connection to Argento's original rather than just taking the title from it, it might have received a bit warmer of a reception from horror fans initially.

That said, I do want to see this. That trailer is neat.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                We had this exact conversation in the Jane household last night. It looks like a good movie and all, I am excited about it, but I think had they acknowledged the connection to Argento's original rather than just taking the title from it, it might have received a bit warmer of a reception from horror fans initially.

That said, I do want to see this. That trailer is neat.
                                I don't think so. Everyone knows remakes are so hit and miss that everyone was bracing for it to be bad like most of them.
                                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                                X