No announcement yet.

That Suspiria Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I love Inferno. I even like Mother of Tears. That remake, however was poopy.
    Marshall Crist
    Last edited by Marshall Crist; 12-30-2022, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
      Damn, I love Inferno. I even like Mother of Tears. That remake, however was poopy.
      Different strokes and all that. I also love Inferno but would watch the Suspiria remake any day of the week over Mother Of Tears.

Funny story about MOT. I was at the Mariano Baino/Dark Waters signing that Severin did here in NYC when the Blu-ray came out. I was hanging out talking to this friendly lady about horror movies and stuff, I knew she was with Mariano but didn't know much more. Anyway, she was awesome. We started talking about Argento movies and I made a comment along the lines of "Mother Of Tears sucked so bad" or something to that effect. She responded "Yeah, not his best work but it was so much fun to make and I just love working with Dario any time I can." I turns out this was Coralina Cataldi-Tassoni, but I had no idea. Anyway, she was super cool, and I've been lucky enough to hang out with the two of them a few times since that happened so clearly I didn't offend her, even if I felt like a knob.

But I still think Mother Of Tears sucked.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• What a kick-ass story, I wonder what a conversation about EVIL CLUTCH would have been like?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Miller View Post
          What a kick-ass story, I wonder what a conversation about EVIL CLUTCH would have been like?????
          Ha, if I ever see her again I'll definitely ask!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coming 10/30/24 from Imprint Films.

Inspired by Dario Argento’s 1977 Italian film of the same name, director Luca Guadagnino (Challengers) takes on the classic story in a terrifying reinvention starring Dakota Johnson (Fifty Shades Of Grey), Mia Goth (MaXXXine), Chloë Grace Moretz (Kick-Ass), and the legendary Tilda Swinton in three roles.

A darkness swirls at the centre of a world-renowned dance company: one that will engulf the troupe’s artistic director, an ambitious young dancer, and a grieving psychotherapist. Some will succumb to the nightmare. Others will finally wake up.

Featuring an incredible original score by Thom Yorke, the lead singer of Radiohead.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

Disc One: 4K UHD

HDR10 presentation of the film on 4K UHD
            NEW Audio Commentary by author and academic Miranda Corcoran
            Original Aspect Ratio 1.85:1
            Audio: Dolby Atmos + DTS-HD 5.1 Surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
            Optional English Subtitles
            Disc Two: Blu-ray

1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray
            NEW Audio Commentary by author and academic Miranda Corcoran
            Original Aspect Ratio 1.85:1
            Audio: Dolby Atmos + DTS-HD 5.1 Surround + LPCM 2.0 Stereo
            Optional English Subtitles
            Disc Three: Blu-ray

NEW Video Essay with Italian film critic Davide Pulici
            NEW Interview with editor Walter Fasano
            NEW Suspiria’s Three Fathers: Argento, Fassbinder, Guadagnino – Video Essay by author and film scholar Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
            NEW Thom Yorke’s Spells: The Music of Suspiria – Video Essay by film writer Phillip Jeffries
            The Making of Suspiria – featurette
            Suspiria: The Secret Language of Dance – featurette
            The Look – featurette
            The Transformations of Suspiria – featurette
            Interviews with cast Dakota Johnson, Mia Goth, Chloë Grace Moretz, Jessica Harper & composer Thom Yorke
            Theatrical Trailer

Click image for larger version

Name:	451844719_927067479463681_7482745356508681870_n.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	435.5 KB
ID:	436297
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh... this thread.... I had to read through some of my posts here, as I recall this thread years back.....

Referencing past posts I made here in this thread, I warmed up a bit more to Hereditary and Bladerunner 2049 over the years. Both of them I went in expecting something a bit more, and, neither I was really disappointed with, just didn't quite hit the mark I was looking for. Hereditary I got more of an appreciation for After I saw Midsommar. Oh, that was a waste of time. That was an instance of, "Wow, I'd rather be watching Hereditary. That was the better film". I skipped that guy's next film last year, "Beau is Afraid" in theatres due to seeing it had a 3 hour run-time...

I still wish Astron-6 had been given the job of creating the Suspiria remake. It'd been much more watchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Ringeisen View Post
                ... Hereditary I got more of an appreciation for After I saw Midsommar. Oh, that was a waste of time. That was an instance of, "Wow, I'd rather be watching Hereditary. That was the better film"....
                I'd rather be watching the original THE WICKER man over either!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeS View Post

I'd rather be watching the original THE WICKER man over either!
                  I can see the similarity with Wicker Man and Midsommar. Yeah, I'd rather watch Wicker Man, too.

Sometimes that's where my mind goes when I watch certain movies, especially when I am in the movie theatre, and have already paid for my ticket, possibly concessions, so in a way, I'm a bit stuck. Very few occasions I've asked for money back, hahaha.

Recently I saw, "Long Legs".... It had some potential, but, the, not to give much away, hypnotizing shit made no sense. I can watch movies that make not much sense and find enjoyment in them, such as Smile. Long Legs..... I did think to myself during that film, "This takes place in 1995, eh? This bit here reminds me of the film Se7en. Know what, Dick? You haven't watched Se7en in some years. I need to watch that movie again sometime..." And, yeah, I did, a few days after that, at home. Se7en has some flaws, but it's a better time than Long Legs.

Where the fuck was I going with this... Oh, there is no Long Legs thread here on RSP, so, I give it a 5/10. It's tolerable, has a few moments, and just a bit over 90 minutes, so it didn't become a chore to sit through.

Suspriria remake... Oh, that's an easy one, I'd rather watch Long Legs instead of the Suspiria remake.

Oddity is playing in close to 800 theatres, I might see that before it disappears from theatres.

Comment

Working...
                  X