X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Suspiria Remake

So it's getting closer, like it or not.

Some casting news:

"“Bad luck isn't brought by broken mirrors, but by broken minds”. And a new generation of horror fans will get their brains broken in the upcoming remake of Dario Argento's atmospheric giallo classic Suspiria.

Frenesy Film Company and Mythology Entertainment. the companies behind the new movie, have announced that Chloe Moretz will co-star with Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton and Mia Goth in the upcoming thriller.

Suspiria will be directed by A Bigger Splash's Luca Guadagnino. The screenplay is being written by David Kajganich. The film will be distributed and produced by Amazon Studios."

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/s...re-to-its-cast
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Shit.

Thought this remake had been abandoned.

Chloe Moretz is dead to me after that shirty CARRIE remake

Comment

I don't like Chloe Moretz, period. I think that I lucked out here, though. I like SUSPIRIA, but it's not the holy grail for me as it is for some. And those some are MIGHTY pissed on the intrawebs.

Comment

Meh. If it gets more people to watch the original then it's harmless.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          Meh. If it gets more people to watch the original then it's harmless.
          But then we have to argue with idiots who think these useless remakes are better. :)
          People usually think their first experiences are best.

Comment

As much as I hate remakes of classics, especially foreign movies because people are too close-minded to watch them, it's kind of hard to care anymore as everything seems to be remade. There's no creativity left or passion for movie-making it seems. Sure, maybe you can argue someone like Eli Roth or Quentin Tarantino make the films they do because they appreciate what inspires them, but that's not the case most of the time. Who's behind this remake?... probably nobody. Cashing in on someone else's success sucks... whether it's blockbuster success or success only appreciated by a few. I read Argento is not happy this is happening. I vote "nay" based just on that.
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Who does this Chloe Moretz person that you all hate play? She's listed first on the IMDb but she's not Susie Bannion...
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

IMDb also says Jessica Harper has a small role.
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I hate remakes of my cherished classics, fuck whoever thought this was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
                    But then we have to argue with idiots who think these useless remakes are better. :)
                    People usually think their first experiences are best.
                    I look at it like this:

So long as no one is pulling a George Lucas and making getting a hold of the unaltered original difficult to accomplish. Then it's harmless. If it gets new people interested in the genre and Italo cult pictures interested then that's a positive. And another positive would be that the production of the remake would create some jobs.

Comment

At least the guy who made 'pineapple express' is not in the directors chair anymore for this one....

Comment

Jessica Harper will be appearing in the remake, for whatever that's worth.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/197...-joins-remake/
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So this thing is done and will be heading to the European Film Market soon.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...n-film-market/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Allow me to be a contrarian fuck for a second: I don't see the harm in a remake and I think there's a decent chance that it could be better. Of course I'm biased and think the original is overrated and not Argento's best picture.

Comment

Well it doesn't do any harm but it seems a particularly pointless one. Suspiria is it's look. Very hard to duplicate. Are they going to try? If it doesn't look like the original what's the point? If it apes it perfectly... again what's the point?
                              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                              X