• Scream Factory Releasing Bubba Ho-Tep

Final release info on this one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	14449770_845115202292159_2290222089820421503_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	367459

**BUBBA HO-TEP Update**

We're excited today to be able to share with you our final list of bonus features planned for our upcoming release of the Don Coscarelli-directed cult classic!

- NEW Audio Commentary With Author Joe R. Lansdale
    - NEW All Is Well - An Interview With Writer/Director Don Coscarelli
    - - NEW The King Lives! - An Interview With Star Bruce Campbell
    NEW Mummies And Make-up - An Interview With Special Effects Artist Robert Kurtzman
    - Audio Commentary By Don Coscarelli And Bruce Campbell
    - Audio Commentary By "The King"
    - Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Don Coscarelli And Bruce Campbell
    - "The Making Of Bubba Ho-Tep" Featurette
    - "To Make A Mummy" Make-up And Effects Featurette
    - "Fit For A King" Elvis Costuming Featurette
    - "Rock Like An Egyptian" Featurette About The Music Of Bubba Ho-Tep
    - Joe R. Lansdale Reads From Bubba Ho-Tep
    - Archival Bruce Campbell Interviews
    - Music Video
    - Theatrical Trailer
    - TV Spot
    - Still Gallery

National street date is 11/8/16, but if you order it directly from us you'll get it shipped two weeks early and receive a FREE 18" x 24" poster of the newly-created artwork (while supplies last). Pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/bub...r-s-edi…
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Coming 2/7/23 from Shout! Factory.

Name:	FjN93NWWYAAvHHk.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	405669
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like there's a slipcover as well for those who care.

Name:	FjOc-uwaAAAaexE.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	405747
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man, I love throwing those things out.

Comment

I believe the package deal with the pins has two slipcovers for some reason. (Oh, look. Malibu Stacey has a new hat.)

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
            I believe the package deal with the pins has two slipcovers for some reason. (Oh, look. Malibu Stacey has a new hat.)
            Ooooo, it's shiny!

Comment

On that note, the whining over at the Blu-ray form from people who thought Severin's Four Flies on Grey Velvet was going to be in one of those obnoxiously thick Arrow slipboxes is just gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                Man, I love throwing those things out.
                I loved the outrage I caused on the BR forum when I said I was going to burn all the slipcovers I get.

The only time I don't toss a slip is for Steelbooks, because I don't want them scratched, or for lexan/mylar ones with the title for cases that don't have it on them.

Comment

I keep all my slips, but I don't go out of the way to collect them specifically. Some people obviously do, doesn't bother me, it's their money. I do think it's crazy how valuable some of them get.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Slipcovers strike me as being to movie collecting what coloured vinyl is to record collecting... if you get one, you might spend a few seconds thinking "oh, that looks nice" before enjoying your film/music... but if you ever contemplate paying extra for one, or making a fuss on the internet because you didn't get one, you probably need to take a long, hard look at your priorities in life.
                    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                      Slipcovers strike me as being to movie collecting what coloured vinyl is to record collecting... if you get one, you might spend a few seconds thinking "oh, that looks nice" before enjoying your film/music... but if you ever contemplate paying extra for one, or making a fuss on the internet because you didn't get one, you probably need to take a long, hard look at your priorities in life.
                      On the BR forums, you can constantly see people throwing fits because they bought something long out of print and the slipcover is missing or scratched, as if just managing to get an OOP title is nothing if that shitty little scrap of cardboard is not pristine.

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that slipcovers were a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that slipcovers were a thing.
                          They are a thing. The trick was convincing people that were a thing worth giving a shit about.

Comment

Press release for the UHD.

“A significant piece of American cinema” Nick Digilio - WGN Chicago

“Bruce Campbell…in a performance for the ages” The Hollywood Reporter

Bubba Ho-Tep - 4K UHD + Blu-ray Collector’s Edition Available February 7, 2023 from Scream Factory

The Shady Rest retirement home is about to get all shook up with a new resident: a broken-down and eccentric old geezer claiming to be the King of Rock’N’Roll himself! On February 7, 2023, Scream Factory will bring this cult favorite to 4K UHD for the first time as a collector’s edition 4K UHD+Blu-ray release loaded with extras.

Written and directed by Don Coscarelli and based on the Bram Stoker Award-nominated short story by author Joe R. Lansdale, Bubba Ho-Tep stars cult icon Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness, Ash vs. Evil Dead) as “Elvis”, the late, great Ossie Davis (Grumpy Old Men, Do The Right Thing) as John “Jack” Kennedy, Ella Joyce (Set It Off, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot), Heidi Marnhout (Phantasm IV: Oblivion) and Bob Ivy (John Dies At the End, Near Dark). When mysterious deaths plague a Texas retirement home, it's up to its most sequined senior citizen to take on a 4,000-year-old Egyptian mummy with a penchant for cowboy boots, bathroom graffiti and sucking the souls from the barely living.

This collector’s edition features a bevy of bonus features, including a new 4K scan of the film, previously unreleased featurettes from the director’s archives, and much more! Fans can pre-order their copies now by visiting ShoutFactory.com

Bubba Ho-Tep 4KUHD+ Blu-ray Collector’s Edition Bonus Features
                            4K UHD:
                            · NEW 4K scan from the original camera negative
                            · Audio Commentary with writer/director Don Coscarelli and actor Bruce Campbell
                            · Audio Commentary with author Joe R. Lansdale
                            · Audio Commentary with “The King”

AUDIO:
                            DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

BLU-RAY
                            · NEW 4K scan from the original camera negative
                            · Previously unreleased featurette: Bubba Ho-Tep Filming Locations Then and Now
                            · Previously unreleased featurette: Bubba Ho-Tep Egyptian Theatre Premiere
                            · Previously unreleased featurette: Bubba Ho-Tep at the Toronto Film Festival
                            · Audio Commentary with director Don Coscarelli and actor Bruce Campbell
                            · Audio Commentary with author Joe R. Lansdale
                            · Audio Commentary with “The King”
                            · The King Lives – an interview with Bruce Campbell
                            · All is Well – an interview with Don Coscarelli
                            · Mummies and Makeup – an interview with makeup effects artist Robert Kurtzman
                            · The Making of BUBBA HO-TEP
                            · To Make A Mummy – Makeup and Effects
                            · Fit for A King – Elvis Costuming
                            · Rock Like An Egyptian – How celebrated composer Brian Tyler created the stunning score
                            · Bubba Ho-tep – the music video
                            · Joe R. Lansdale reads Bubba Ho-Tep
                            · Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary with Don Coscarelli and Bruce Campbell
                            · Footage from the Temple Room Floor
                            · Archival Bruce Campbell interviews
                            · Music Video
                            · Theatrical Trailer
                            · TV Spot
                            · Photo Gallery

AUDIO:
                            DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0

# # #
                            About Shout! Factory
                            Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production, as well as the preservation and revitalization of the very best in pop-culture entertainment. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, IFC Films, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizon Pictures Library, and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X