Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code Red Releasing Dante Tomaselli's Desecration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
    I'm sure it's the latter. but does he really need to have two accounts to post his primo bullsh*t here?!
    In the years that I have been posting on this Forum, I have never once insulted anyone, or posted an antagonizing comment regarding a fellow member's post. I would expect the same courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Different IPs. And Darren's not Bill. Let's go with the insane fan theory. ;)
      Well, I am a little crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Getting back on topic, am I the only one who likes this movie? I really like Dante's stuff. Granted, this one is a bit rough in spots but I still think it's got enough atmosphere and weird imagery to work.
        I liked HORROR the first time I saw it, but it didn't hold up to a second viewing. It has some bizarre imagery but that's it. It seems like it was made without a script - there's really nothing to keep your interest. I hated SATAN'S PLAYGROUND; it was just obnoxious. I don't like picking on a guy who's obviously a real fan of the genre, and I think if he directed a film with a strong script (and a bigger budget) it could be successful; his imagery is strong and I think he's capable of making a truly scary film, he just hasn't done it yet.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Darren and loversnacks both use the word primo to describe something good, yes, and I believe Bill also did a while back. However, I've seen the word used by many CR fans through the years. Maybe it's just like circumcision for jews and muslims: a sign of belonging to a certain group, a cultural thing. Like a secret handshake kind of deal.

Comment

Originally posted by enandalusiskhund View Post
            Darren and loversnacks both use the word primo to describe something good, yes, and I believe Bill also did a while back. However, I've seen the word used by many CR fans through the years. Maybe it's just like circumcision for jews and muslims: a sign of belonging to a certain group, a cultural thing. Like a secret handshake kind of deal.
            I'm friends with Darren on FB, he's alright, just an enthusiastic fan of CR. He likes to drop the word PRIMO a lot. He is not Bill, I can guarantee you that.

Comment

Two years later and an update!

Coming August 7th from Code Red!

Desecration (1999)
              • Audio Commentary by Writer/Director/Composer Dante Tomaselli
              • BUILDING THE TORTURE CHAMBER Featurette
              • DESECRATION - Short Film
              • WITCHES Album - Featuring 13 Tracks
              • DESECRATION Still Gallery
              • DESECRATION Trailer

A Note from Dante Tomaselli:
              I'm happy to announce that CODE RED and KINO are releasing my film, DESECRATION on Blu-ray this August. For a while, I didn't think there would be any light at the end of the tunnel since the original Super 16 film print has been missing for years. It's still missing. I have a wild theory the Vatican secretly confiscated my nun nightmare around the time it made its world premiere at the1999 Fantafestival in Rome, Italy. Maybe too many Italian horror fans cheered during the film's scissor attack sequence where an innocent nun is violently slashed by a pair of floating scissors. It's weirdly prophetic that the name of the Catholic boarding school in Desecration is St. Anthony, the patron Saint of the Lost. In any case, Bill Olsen at Code Red pushed hard for me to find the film print for many months. I searched and it's just gone. So this presentation of Desecration is culled from the only existing Digibeta master tape available, which means it's about the same picture quality as Image Entertainment's 2000 release. Chris at Imagimedia, who transferred Desecration, did fine work with having only a Digibeta master to up-res. Finally, when Code Red asked me to send the original nun paintings for the Blu-ray cover art, I had to give them bad news: Those paintings are missing too! Update! I found the nun paintings (preserved on the Blu-ray cover) which were hiding in the basement of the Executive Producer's One Fifth Avenue NYC apartment. The film, though was not there. Still, this gives me hope that it might one day appear but for now please enjoy this Blu-ray restoration of my first feature film, Desecration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	738329232856.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	354489
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Dante mentioned on FB that the original Super16mm negative has been found and that he's working on a new, proper Blu-ray reissue.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                X