The Last house On the Left rip-offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last house On the Left rip-offs

I am collecting The Last house On the Left rip-offs.

Specifically movies that directly ripoff and/or were "inspired" by the 1972 masterpiece. Can anyone suggest a list of them for me please?

I have got the following

1) Island of Sin

Night Train Murders (not exactly a rip-off)

Chaos

The House By The Beach

Comment

Seems like the book on The Last House on the Left has a chapter about "rip-off's". I think I have the book but I'm not anywhere close that I can check.

What about The Night Train Murders? A description of that I remember was "LHotL but on a train".

Comment

The Virgin Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
          The Virgin Spring.
          That doesn't count as it isn't a remake/rip-off of Last house & was made 12 years before the Craven classic.

Comment

House on the Edge of the Park is kind of a ripoff. The only similarities it has to LHOTL is the casting of David Hess, the title, and there's rape and revenge. That's about it. Great flick worth checking out.

There's that shitty ripoff made shortly after LHOTL that has a bunch of ugly people in softcore scenes and one of the guy's has green paint on his ass during a rape scene.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
              House on the Edge of the Park is kind of a ripoff. The only similarities it has to LHOTL is the casting of David Hess, the title, and there's rape and revenge. That's about it. Great flick worth checking out.

There's that shitty ripoff made shortly after LHOTL that has a bunch of ugly people in softcore scenes and one of the guy's has green paint on his ass during a rape scene.
              I've seen House on the Edge of the Park. It's a classic & one of my favourite Deodato films.

Comment

TO BE TWENTY seems to have been inspired by LHOTL; it's the story of two free-spirited girls who are *SPOILER ALERT* brutally raped and killed at the end.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                  That doesn't count as it isn't a remake/rip-off of Last house & was made 12 years before the Craven classic.
                  Yes I know.
                  I wanted to point out that HOUSE is a rip-off.

Comment

Night Train Murders is a rare example of a 'rip off' that is better than the film it is ripping off.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                      Night Train Murders is a rare example of a 'rip off' that is better than the film it is ripping off.
                      Agreed.

Comment

I have a dualistic relationship with LHotL. On the one hand some scenes are among the most harrowing in all of cinema, yet on the other hand some are so cringe worthy and incompetent it's hard to believe they are from the same film. It is a truly a classic though, a real tone setter for all the great 70's exoloitation films yet to come. That said, I much prefer all of the gazillion Italian rip offs.

Comment

LHOTL is an important film but it's not a great film. Hess and Lincoln and the actresses who played the two girls were amazing. The other actors who play Krug's gang are very good too. The 2nd act in the woods is great stuff. It's everything else about it that fails excluding select musical cues by Hess.

Comment

'Night Train Murders' and 'The House on the Edge of the Park' are my favourite post-TLHOTL films. 'The Last House on the Beach' and 'Midnight Blue' are two of the worst I've seen.
                            In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Comment

LA SETTIMA DONNA a'k'a LAST HOUSE ON THE BEACH is great

Im assuming you watched the English dubbed version if you think it sucks?

Get the Camera Obscura DVD or the German Media book Blu ray for the Italian version and change your mind

Comment

Working...
                              X