• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    From Second Sight's Facebook page:

"Since the discovery of the longer 'lost' cut of the film we have halted production in the hope there may be some chance of gaining access for our release. We don't know if this is going to be possible but are doing all we can and will have more news in the new year."

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    That makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
    The released version is in color and black and white.

I'm not sure if this cut is in B&W because of a technical/cost reason or if it was Romero's preference.
    I recall a Fangoria interview with Romero from the early 90s where he had said he wanted to do the whole movie in black and white, but Rubinstein told him no colour, no movie, so it was done with just some of it in black and white.
    Darcy Parker
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 11-02-2021, 11:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    The released version is in color and black and white.

I'm not sure if this cut is in B&W because of a technical/cost reason or if it was Romero's preference.

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    3,5 hours. That's like a mini tv series!! o_O

But interesting for sure. What's the story on it being in b/w? Isn't the film in colour? (yes, I've seen it several times, I even taped it off the BBC in the late 80s but it's been so long I don't even remember if it's b/w or in colour!!!) :cuckoo:

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    That's pretty amazing historically. But 3.5 hours doesn't sound like an easy watch though!

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    Hugh news (if true), it seems the 3.5 hour black and white version of Martin has been found!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Monroe
    Pallid Hands

• Andrew Monroe
    replied
    You really should revisit it, Mark. It's one hell of a bleak and disturbing film. Every time I go back to it, I am blown away by how good it is - but, be warned, it will follow you around for a while after.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Thanks for the advice, Paul, that's when I tried to watch it as well, and had similar expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    I didn't like this when I saw it years ago, I think I should revisit due to all of the love it gets.
    It's worth a revisit, Mark. I wasn't too keen on this when I first saw it (early 90s, I think - on BBC2's Moviedrome), probably because at the time I was expecting something closer to DAWN OF THE DEAD, but it's grown on me over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    I didn't like this when I saw it years ago, I think I should revisit due to all of the love it gets.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	martin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	360345

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    I hope they include the Wampyr cut. It's not a very good version, but it's there and I want it on blu-ray. The ghosting on Wampyr on the old Arrow dvd is just crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Derrick King
    Waterfall Puncher

• Derrick King
    replied
    After the success of Dawn I can see why they'd go 4K on this (even though I believe the format is stillborn, some big genre titles will still sell well enough to release on UHD disc.)

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    So I'd like to see another box set first of all: Romero cut 1.37, cropped, Wampyr cut, soundtrack cd, Goblin Wampyr soundtrack cd, novelization etc.

I'd like to see an HD version of the Italian Wampyr version, and my copy of the novelization is falling apart so a reprint would be welcome. Due to its general neglect in recent years this is more interesting to me than the Dawn release was.
    agent999
    Last edited by agent999; 04-23-2021, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X