X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Dark Horse 77

• Dark Horse 77
    replied
    Any sign of this or Second Sight's Dawn of the Dead blu being released on Region A? It may be time I finally broke down and bought a region free player.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Banks

• Gary Banks
    replied
    I pulled the trigger on this. It'll take about two weeks but that's okay!

Leave a comment:

• BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    replied
    Must've been my mistake then - apologies everyone for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    Dvdcomare says the standard bluray is also 1.37:1
    If anybody actually wants the film in widescreen on blu the Japanese release is their option.

http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=58759

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    I can only speak for the UHD, but that's 1.37.

Leave a comment:

• BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    replied
    It is!? Man, I must be going crazy.

I was half-watching it just the other day, listening to one of the commentaries, pondering how they'd gone with the widescreen version. I hope my player wasn't on the wrong setting or something - will check.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

The Second Sight BD doesn't include the 1.33:1 version?! That seems ridiculous to me, knowing which version most everybody prefers.
    Second Sight is not 1.85, it is in the academy ratio (or 1.37, whatever that is).

Leave a comment:

• Gary Banks

• Gary Banks
    replied
    The only time I've ever seen the 1:33 release was back in the vhs days when I rented it. I have the Lionsgate dvd and am hoping the bd is a huge upgrade in pq.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
    Well, I've never owned any other HD versions of the film, but the presentation looks pretty good to me, so long as you're ok with the widescreen version.

All the video extras & commentaries from the UHD set are present: the new doc is a very nice watch, and currently working my way through the commentary tracks.

Mostly though, just enjoying taking some time to appreciate what an outstanding piece of filmmaking it is, having not returned to it for a few years.
    The Second Sight BD doesn't include the 1.33:1 version?! That seems ridiculous to me, knowing which version most everybody prefers.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Banks

• Gary Banks
    replied
    Thank you. May have to get this.

Leave a comment:

• BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    replied
    Well, I've never owned any other HD versions of the film, but the presentation looks pretty good to me, so long as you're ok with the widescreen version.

All the video extras & commentaries from the UHD set are present: the new doc is a very nice watch, and currently working my way through the commentary tracks.

Mostly though, just enjoying taking some time to appreciate what an outstanding piece of filmmaking it is, having not returned to it for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Banks

• Gary Banks
    replied
    Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

Yes, I own it.

Amazon link.
    Thank you! How is it by the way?

Leave a comment:

• BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
    Is there just a plain old blu ray release of this from Second Sight? I don't need the UHD. Thanks!
    Yes, I own it.

Amazon link.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Banks

• Gary Banks
    replied
    Is there just a plain old blu ray release of this from Second Sight? I don't need the UHD. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack J View Post
    Very odd. Why would a copyright owner not want a film released!? Is it a matter of not wanting it to get released AT ALL - or that he just wants a too large amount of money for it?
    Sometimes alternate cuts are suppressed by producers because they prove that the director was right and that cuts or changes the producer forced on the film weakened it. That’s why so many movies handled by Miramax/Dimension never show up uncut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X