Martin (1977) - George Romero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post

The extras are pretty lame, but this release was bound to disappoint because they couldn't include the only extra that matters, the 3-hour black and white cut of the film. (I do wonder if the lack of time left on their license was a major reason they couldn't include this. By the time this comes out, they will have had this under license for over 4 years.)
    I reckon there's still a definitive release of this film, containing Everything I mentioned, waiting to happen & this ain't it.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wampyr-colo.../dp/B00Q3AD9U4

I think it's mostly a compilation of existing tracks.
      Thanks but for some reason I get a service error. Are the tracks the same as the ones on the vinyl I linked?

Comment

Have to feel a bit disappointed when compared to their Dawn release. There's no novelization reprint, no Wampyr cut and, if they'd included that, then a Goblin Wampyr CD would be nice (there's one compiled and available to download but it's not been physically released that I know of). That would make it comparable to their Dawn box in my opinion.
        I mentioned something about this along the lines of there's a definitive release of this film still waiting to happen & mentioning what is misiing on a David Gregory (Severin worked on the extras) post on Facebook. he replied "wah wah wah. Bye." & didn't give me a chance to explain myself before blocking me. I don't complain very often & this is one of the few times I have but still it was an odd response from him.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

Thanks but for some reason I get a service error. Are the tracks the same as the ones on the vinyl I linked?
          If you search on amazon.co.uk in digital music for Goblin Wampyr it should find it. Here's the tracklisting for the digital album, it only has 10 tracks:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Goblin Wampyr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	405580
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I will just get the standard UHD this time (especially if there's as much bullshit analysis as in the Dawn book).
            In fairness, there are some solid contributors to the book, so it might be a better read than the 'Dawn' one... but will it really be £20-worth of a good read? I am also leaning toward the standard edition here.

https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sadly, I detest vinyl! I'd much rather listen to a compressed CD than music with Rice Krsipies noise on top. The whole vinyl only thing annoys me, at least Waxwork do a few of their releases on CD as well.
              https://www.discogs.com/release/3595...tion-1975-1989

good CD comp

Comment

i don't own a physical copy of the Wampyr soundtrack but i believe the only piece of music not from a previous Goblin album is available on that comp. good track too!

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

In fairness, there are some solid contributors to the book, so it might be a better read than the 'Dawn' one... but will it really be £20-worth of a good read? I am also leaning toward the standard edition here.
                  I find so much writing on film to be banal and obvious that I get almost nothing out of it (I think the same about so many modern special features/commentaries. So, unless it is a particularly difficult film, or something where I really need some context, I tend to skip them.) So to spend a lot of extra money on something I might page through once is a waste.

Comment

Yes, I have this one. DRG did some good Italian soundtrack compilations.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
                      i don't own a physical copy of the Wampyr soundtrack but i believe the only piece of music not from a previous Goblin album is available on that comp. good track too!
                      Said track is also on another Goblin compilation.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

Said track is also on another Goblin compilation.
                        yeah. as far as the Wampyr OST goes the "Wampyr Finale" track is the only track not from a previous Goblin album, Roller or Il Fantastico Viaggio Del "Bagarozzo" Mark.

should have put that in when i posted before

Comment

From the Second Sight FB page:

"“Due to an unforeseen printing issue, our release date for MARTIN has been moved to March 27th. We apologise for this inconvenience, but we truly appreciate the support you’ve shown for this release."
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

What's another month when you've been waiting four years?! Just in time for my birthday. I'll be 84.

Comment

I keep expecting their license to run out before they ever get it released.

Comment

Just viewed this in HDR10+. It's really, really dark, and I'm a person that likes my blacks to be deep.

Comment

Working...
                                X