No announcement yet.

Martin (1977) - George Romero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone at the blu-ray.com forum posted that the winner of the auction for the MARTIN print is a friend of the George Romero Foundation so it'll be in good hands. Now, everyone involved has to try to come to a deal with Rubinstein.

Comment

Release date is now set for 2/27/23 and pre-orders for the Blu-ray and the UHD are supposed to start next week.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Martin 4K UHD from Second Sight Films

A new Second Sight 4K restoration supervised and approved by Director of Photography Michael Gornick
        UHD presented in HDR10+
        Audio commentary by George A Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini
        Audio commentary by George A Romero, Richard P Rubinstein, Tom Savini, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein
        A new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
        A new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
        Taste the Blood of Martin: A new feature length documentary including location tour
        Scoring the Shadows: A new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein
        'J Roy - New And Used Furniture': a short film by Tony Buba
        Making Martin: A Recounting
        Trailer, TV and radio spots
        Limited Edition Contents
        Rigid slipcase with original classic artwork
        Soft cover book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Miranda Corcoran, Travis Crawford, Heather Drain, Kat Ellinger, Andrew Graves, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Elena Lazic, , Stephen Thrower, Jon Towlson, Simon Ward and Tony Williams
        Original Soundtrack CD by Donald Rubinstein
        5 collectors' character art cards illustrated by Adam

Click image for larger version

Name:	317811608_586643986756850_5039557832158040197_n.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	405524
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That Romero postcard is rad.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

yeah! cover is a bit meh though.

Comment

Have to feel a bit disappointed when compared to their Dawn release. There's no novelization reprint, no Wampyr cut and, if they'd included that, then a Goblin Wampyr CD would be nice (there's one compiled and available to download but it's not been physically released that I know of). That would make it comparable to their Dawn box in my opinion.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                Have to feel a bit disappointed when compared to their Dawn release. There's no novelization reprint, no Wampyr cut and, if they'd included that, then a Goblin Wampyr CD would be nice (there's one compiled and available to download but it's not been physically released that I know of). That would make it comparable to their Dawn box in my opinion.
                Cinevox released the soundtrack on Vinyl back in April this year.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2295...ure-Soundtrack

Comment

It was released on vinyl by Ship To Shore back in 2015 as well.

https://rockshockpop.com/articles/mu...Soundtrack%29=
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The perfect release of this film would look something like this (basically 6 discs & 2 paper items):

Disc 1: Martin (In Romero's preferred ratio of 4:3)
                    Disc 2: Martin (3hr BW version) - Annoyingly this is in private hands
                    Disc 3: Wampyr
                    Disc 4: Extras disc
                    CD 1: Martin Soundtrack
                    CD 2: Wampyr Soundtrack
                    Paper Item 1: Booklet
                    Paper Item 2: Novelization

Comment

Where can I download a copy of the Goblim Wampyr soundtrack?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post

Where can I download a copy of the Goblim Wampyr soundtrack?
                        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wampyr-colo.../dp/B00Q3AD9U4

I think it's mostly a compilation of existing tracks.

Comment

Sadly, I detest vinyl! I'd much rather listen to a compressed CD than music with Rice Krsipies noise on top. The whole vinyl only thing annoys me, at least Waxwork do a few of their releases on CD as well.

Comment

The extras are pretty lame, but this release was bound to disappoint because they couldn't include the only extra that matters, the 3-hour black and white cut of the film. (I do wonder if the lack of time left on their license was a major reason they couldn't include this. By the time this comes out, they will have had this under license for over 4 years.)

Comment

Although the 3 hour cut was a bit too much to hope for given the circumstances surrounding it, I agree the absence of the Wampyr cut is disappointing; not sure if it was scuppered by rights issues or something, but feels like a missed opportunity.

Nonetheless, I haven't sat down and watched 'Martin' in donkeys years, so will definitely be picking this up.
                              https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                              http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

I will just get the standard UHD this time (especially if there's as much bullshit analysis as in the Dawn book). Might be sacrilege, but I've never liked the music.

Comment

Working...
                                X